Happy Thanksgiving 2010

Last time I checked, this forum didnt restrict membership to those living only in the UK. Perhaps you might make a suggestion to the mods that they change that rule to exclude those ex-pats and others who dont live in there but have an interest.

Did i say membership should be restricted? I guess it's the ability of millions of people to make leaps of logic like that which makes you lucky enough to live in a land where Sarah Palin could actually be a serious presidential contender!

The point was - as originally stated - that I don't know why some of the Americans (or adoptive Americans) who come on here object to the fact that people on a British internet forum reflect Brtitish attitudes towards the USA and not American ones.

Well I saw a movie where Colombo was trying to convice a bunch of Cardinals that the earth was round after returning from his voyage and they were all trying to figure out why he hadn't fallen over the edge

Hi Harleyman, I once saw a movie about how the US faked the moon landing...but it was only a movie. ;)

He never said the world was round. He thought it was pear shaped and about a quarter of its actual size.

Despite his later reputation, his voyage of 1492 wasn't intended to discover a new continent but to prove that Asia was much closer than anyone imagined. He was wrong.

Columbus never actually set foot on mainland America. The closest he came was the Bahamas (probably the small island of Plana Cays) - but made his crew swear an oath that, if asked, they would say they had reached India.

Anyway...have a very happy thanksgiving. And that goes for all the Americans on here. :)

That's why I love the SF. Full of people with chips on their shoulders especially when it comes to the Yanks and I like to rattle their cages a little

Yes, Hairyman. I could see that could be a good evening's entertainment after an afternoon of sittiing on the porch polishing up the twelve bore while sippin' a Bud.

Last time I checked, this forum didnt restrict membership to those living only in the UK. Perhaps you might make a suggestion to the mods that they change that rule to exclude those ex-pats and others who dont live in there but have an interest.

They could exclude us if they wanted to but that would start a trend. After that they might at the further suggestion of people like Donkey exclude anyone who had a good word to say about Thatcher, the Conservatives, New Labour, the European Union, Christians, Muslims, Seventh Day Adventists, people who live t'other side of the Penines, people who live south of Nottingham, anyone who doesnt support Wednesday or United, people who speak BBC English, people who speak with foreign accents, bobbin makers, basket weavers, wandering minstrels and wall paper salesmen.

Once the Donkeys of the world start getting their way it goes to their heads quicker than a jolt of 90 proof vodka :hihi:

They could exclude us if they wanted to but that would start a trend. After that they might at the further suggestion of people like Donkey exclude anyone who had a good word to say about Thatcher, the Conservatives, New Labour, the European Union, Christians, Muslims, Seventh Day Adventists, people who live t'other side of the Penines, people who live south of Nottingham, anyone who doesnt support Wednesday or United, people who speak BBC English, people who speak with foreign accents, bobbin makers, basket weavers, wandering minstrels and wall paper salesmen.

Once the Donkeys of the world start getting their way it goes to their heads quicker than a jolt of 90 proof vodka :hihi:

Hey, is there some kind of brain disease going round in the US which causes an inability to understand what you are reading? It would certainly explain some of the recent political developments over there. I didn't say anyone should be excluded, as I've made clear already, so post the bit where I said it, or stop lying.

Yes, Hairyman. I could see that could be a good evening's entertainment after an afternoon of sittiing on the porch polishing up the twelve bore while sippin' a Bud.

Dont fool yourself Donks. You're not mister John Bull speaking for the general opinion of British people. Your just an individual with your own opinions, ideas and thoughts so put away your flag and go sip a Beefeater gin and quit being a prize sourpuss

Hey, is there some kind of brain disease going round in the US which causes an inability to understand what you are reading? It would certainly explain some of the recent political developments over there. I didn't say anyone should be excluded, as I've made clear already, so post the bit where I said it, or stop lying.

You'd like to see me gone but it wont happen til I'm good and ready. Why are you always rattlling on about US politics or Sarah Palin?

Do I associate Gordon Brown or David Cameron with the way people in England think?

Dont fool yourself Donks. You're not mister John Bull speaking for the general opinion of British people. Your just an individual with your own opinions, ideas and thoughts so put away your flag and go sip a Beefeater gin and quit being a prize sourpuss

OOOOOh, who's getting riled up now :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I thought you said you came on here to wind other people up.

You'd like to see me gone but it wont happen til I'm good and ready. Why are you always rattlling on about US politics or Sarah Palin?

Do I associate Gordon Brown or David Cameron with the way people in England think?

It's the first time i've mentioned them for ages. I can see why you think it's below the belt though!

I think it was this post which inspired me.

:

Cotton Top, you should have known better than to start a thread with the word happy and Thanksgiving in it , you know the Brits don't like Americans being happy about having nice things, reason is it's appriciated more when you work for what you have and it's not handed to you.

Have a happy day C T :)

OOOOOh, who's getting riled up now :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I thought you said you came on here to wind other people up.

I aint riled up Donks. I'm enjoying it matter of fact. Too bad the Mods might just yank the thread before it really starts to get fun so curb your rhetoric accordingly :hihi:

Archived