Happy Thanksgiving 2010

Halloween is an ancient festival (Samhain) celebrated by - among others - the Celtic Britons, and predating the colonisation of America by a millenia or three.

Until the Romans arrived and put a stop to their barbaric ways. Those woad wearers had a bad habit of killing anyone who didnt hand out treats when they came knocking

I wish there was a good English ex-pats thread in the US. I would sign up tomorrow, but there aint one far as I know Donks

The only other expat forum is the Yorkshire Expats which is is tame. Posters falling over themselves not to offend each other in any way. Boring !!!

That's why I love the SF. Full of people with chips on their shoulders especially when it comes to the Yanks and I like to rattle their cages a little

http://www.ukusforum.com/

is a site a lot of people i know use to either re-pat or brits use when ex-patting.

you might find someone from yorkshire willing to talk about the past and how glad you left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, as theres only 34 minutes left today here, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans.

Still debating to have a dinner on Saturday with a few friends I consider my family, though a pumpkin pie is to be made tomorrow. nom.

http://www.ukusforum.com/

is a site a lot of people i know use to either re-pat or brits use when ex-patting.

you might find someone from yorkshire willing to talk about the past and how glad you left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, as theres only 34 minutes left today here, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans.

Still debating to have a dinner on Saturday with a few friends I consider my family, though a pumpkin pie is to be made tomorrow. nom.

Thanks for that. I'll look into it. A very Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow expats, Americans and those who wish me well and to those who dont may the bluebird of happiness crap on your front porch.

We are now off to the Thanksgiving dinner at the golf club and lots of friendly faces

I spent a few days at Disneyworld in Orlando awhile back. There were more Brits in the hotel, bars and restaurants than Americans.

Seems like a lot of them go for American cultural imperialism

I thought they just took their kids to have a fun time, like yourself.

It's a sad sad day when folk can't simply wish others a good time on their day of celebration.

What's so wrong with people that they're unable to wish people Happy Eid/Happy Hannukka/Happy Diwali/Happy Thanksgiving etc?

Dry your eyes mate.

Dry your eyes mate.

I agree with mj.scuba - the world is a miserable enough place already.

One of the reasons I don't post on here, it's full of miserable small-minded people.

People accuse Americans of cultural imperialism, yet the hostility and closed-mindedness you see on here is exactly the kind of behaviour you're slagging off.

And with that, I'm outta this thread.

Happy thanksgiving for yesterday! :)

Gricey

Archived