Train price rises

I am confused-its not difficult.

The rail companies are doing great getting great profits

My ticket price will go up above inflation in the new year

however if I am not mistaken the new carriages etc are not coming from the ticket price rises but from the countries transport budget? I assume I have got this bit wrong?

why will the government allow such high prices rises then pay for the improvements themselves? Is there some kind of tax thing going on?

that would make sense if the extra money paid for the improvements-is it? The bbc seemed to suggest that the taxpayer would be paying for the improvements?

"...ATOC says the rise has been caused by the recent shift in government policy, which means that passengers now pay the cost of investment, not the taxpayer..."

from here

"...ATOC says the rise has been caused by the recent shift in government policy, which means that passengers now pay the cost of investment, not the taxpayer..."

from here

ah ok its says half and half. If thats how much it costs for the upgrades I vote to stick with crowded trains please!

Archived