Is it a myth or is it the truth?

Just to be the annoying geek who corrects everybody - an animal is poisonous if eating it would kill you. If it biting you would kill you, then it is venomous, not poisonous.

Craneflies are not venomous. Whether they'd poison you if you ate a lot of them is something I do not know and have not the slightest inclination to find out.

I am jealous of your desire to encourage people to use the correct words!

Or maybe I'm envious? :hihi:

Ive eaten dozens of them- hundreds in fact over the years and if they were poisonous I would have known about it.

The worst I ever had was poo with little legs and wings in it.

:D

Anyway, statistical human eats about 5 spiders during his sleep over whole lifetime.

You're raising the average!

Anyway, statistical human eats about 5 spiders during his sleep over whole lifetime.

I was once told they like carbon dioxide, so when we're asleep they tend to sit in front of our faces. Dunno if that's true, but I have always found more spiders in my bedroom than anywhere else...

I am jealous of your desire to encourage people to use the correct words!

I find that most people actually want to learn, provided you don't come across as self-righteous and superior when you're teaching them. (Sometimes, on an internet forum, it's hard to tell the difference between a helpful titbit and a snotty, point-scoring correction.)

Its a reason I love the end of summer so much. Theres nothing better than grabbing a handful from a wall them stuffing them into your gob and eating them to make any poor bugger youre with puke!

I know its sad but it gives me hours of fun!

Archived