Is it a myth or is it the truth?

:D

Anyway, statistical human eats about 5 spiders during his sleep over whole lifetime.

You're raising the average!

I don't think we really eat spiders at night(maybe jabberwocky does)

Quote -

"In a 1993 PC Professional article, columnist Lisa Holst wrote about the ubiquitous lists of "facts" that were circulating via e-mail and how readily they were accepted as truthful by gullible recipients. To demonstrate her point, Holst offered her own made-up list of equally ridiculous "facts," among which was the statistic ... about the average person swallowing eight spiders per year, which she took from a collection of common misbeliefs printed in a 1954 book on insect folklore. In a "delicious" irony, Holst's propagation of this false "fact" has spurred it into becoming one of the most widely-circulated bits of misinformation to be found on the Internet"

from http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1535&start=1&sid=1e4fa431f7f21c6948dd3ac4743ee3d3

I find that most people actually want to learn, provided you don't come across as self-righteous and superior when you're teaching them. (Sometimes, on an internet forum, it's hard to tell the difference between a helpful titbit and a snotty, point-scoring correction.)
Yep, my experience too :thumbsup:

Archived