What are your opinions on New Years Eve?

Hi!

I am doing some research about New Years Eve and was wondering how many of you do celebrate this occasion with all of your loved ones? Or are you split every year deciding who you will be spending the night with?

Some people may even find it stressful to chose who you do spend it with?

Would you rather have more than one evening celebrating it so that you can see everyone?

Any thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

I like to either stay in or go to someone's house party. I don't really celebrate it to be honest, just any excuse to go to a party.

I can't quite figure out why everyone gets so excited come midnight, and why it's appropriate to kiss random people that previously they probably wouldn't even fart at.

Pre kids we would have been out till the small hours celebrating New Years Eve. With two youngish children now its less of an event for us - can't really take the kids to the pub on New Year's eve and going out anywhere means driving so its now a fairly quiet night in - although usually we make a bit of an effort and stay up pastmidnight :hihi:

A previous partner of mine died on New Years Eve, so I never really looked forward to it as it was always a permanent reminder of the fact that he wasn't here anymore.

Last year a friend of mine also died on New Years Eve after being on a life support machine for several weeks. I was gutted. Of all the days! So now, if I'm honest, I tend to dread it a bit because I'm wondering what's gonna happen next.

Though we're together at Christmas, my partner's going to be in Germany this New Year so I'm off to a private party with my extended surrogate family.

Where do I think we should be? Personally I don't care as long as it's surrounded by love, people and happiness. :)

Getting hammered and snogging a stranger aint my bag. Not anymore anyway. ;)

Archived