Lord Flight ordered to apologise for stating the obvious

Newly appointed Lord Flight has been ordered to apologise for making the following comment "We're going to have a system where the middle classes are discouraged from breeding because it's jolly expensive. But for those on benefits, there is every incentive. Well, that's not very sensible.".

Now to my mind, what's wrong with that? It's his opinion and in all honesty, one shared by quite a few including myself. If the more sucessful in certain parts of the country are disadvantaged in favour of benefit claimants who have traditionally been encouraged to breed to gain even more benefits, then what's wrong with stating it in plain language?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/nov/25/howard-flight-rebuked-no-10-poor-people-breeding

Like the man says it's stating the bl***y obvious. When will politicians actually listen to the elctorate. Reminds me of the last crowd and their waffle about immigration when the EU opened up. We all knew what would happen but they wouldn't have it until some while later when they admitted their figures were out.

Time for some ordinary people to get themselves elected.

"We're going to have a system where the middle classes are discouraged from breeding because it's jolly expensive. But for those on benefits, there is every incentive. Well, that's not very sensible."

We've had such a situation for at least 10 years now. It's basically eugenics in reverse.

On the one hand, a nation of feckless workshy parasites will mean less competition for the jobs that are available, however, those who do work will have to be taxed even more to pay for those who are essentially unemployable.

Archived