Be careful what you sign for folks!

danot

so you lot would rather go to court....or end up being taken to court AGAIN and losing 8 million?

personally i wouldnt miss 2 million if i had 58million, but if it shuts her up then............

Personally I would put her under my patio.

Let me put it another way......the law should be changed so that she cannot make a legal claim to that money. Just because they were once married shouldn't mean that she has an on going right to claim money from him, except as it pertains to care and maintenance of his child.

Thing is, how many of us wouldn't take offence to someone taking money from us that they ought to have no entitlement to?

£2million is a lot of money to hand over to someone that shouldn't have a legal right to demand it, regardless of net worth.

Many times iv'e blown a gasket after spending 99 pence and the shopkeeper apologises because he cannot give me my penny change due to not having a penny. Why doesn't he give me 2 pence? why can't he be a penny down?

Rant over. Back on topic.

Let me put it another way......the law should be changed so that she cannot make a legal claim to that money. Just because they were once married shouldn't mean that she has an on going right to claim money from him, except as it pertains to care and maintenance of his child.

The law already states that, if your divorce settlement was "full and final." If you're paying ongoing maintenance, the amount of maintenance is subject to change if your circumstances change - and his have changed fairly radically.

The law already states that, if your divorce settlement was "full and final." If you're paying ongoing maintenance, the amount of maintenance is subject to change if your circumstances change - and his have changed fairly radically.

Well, not having access to his divorce papers it is hard to know what they say but this 2 million is over and above the adjustment in monthly maintenance for their daughter. The article says monthly maintenance went from £150 a month to £2,000.

That's quite right. In this couples divorce it appears there was no final financial settlement, so although they were entitled to remarry, there was still a connection between them financially because they'd not closed that particular door.

And to those who think it's the law benefiting women, exactly the same situation would have applied if she had been the beneficiary of the lottery win.

Archived