Outdoor PE in cold weather

When my son goes to school and it is cold i WILL write him a note... sod that. I am not risking my sons health..... i think it is stupid. The poor kids have to wear next to nothing while the teachers wear jumpers!!!

The kids have whatever you sent in for them to wear to do PE in. The teachers aren't running about doing PE as they have to be able to supervise, so they freeze - I know I've done it. Your son's health will be at risk if you don't let him join in and give him the idea that school is optional. Home school him if you don't want him to participate - please!

This has to be the most precious thread in recent months. Our games teachers used to have us cross country running, rugby & football in wet & freezing conditions and you know what? We're still alive, we're better for it in fact.

All this "Oh heavens! Poor little Johnny couldn't possibly go outside when it's cold and do PE! He'll freeze because he's mummy's delicate little soldier!" breeds a generation of molly coddled, unfit, uncordinated, obese, risk averse pussies. Toughen 'em up a little, cut the bloody apron strings.

When do you think it is too cold for small children to do outdoor PE? Yesterday my child's class had to do it when it was 0 degrees with a wind chill of -3 to -5 degrees.Do you agree that this is too cold to be outside dressed only in leggings and a sweatshirt?

its people like you who have made this country so soft, get a grip they are'nt going to turn to ice

When do you think it is too cold for small children to do outdoor PE? Yesterday my child's class had to do it when it was 0 degrees with a wind chill of -3 to -5 degrees.Do you agree that this is too cold to be outside dressed only in leggings and a sweatshirt?

No..........................

This has to be the most precious thread in recent months. Our games teachers used to have us cross country running, rugby & football in wet & freezing conditions and you know what? We're still alive, we're better for it in fact.

All this "Oh heavens! Poor little Johnny couldn't possibly go outside when it's cold and do PE! He'll freeze because he's mummy's delicate little soldier!" breeds a generation of molly coddled, unfit, uncordinated, obese, risk averse pussies. Toughen 'em up a little, cut the bloody apron strings.

:clap: could'nt put it better myself

'when i was younger i had to do sport wearing frozen clothes in the wind rain and snow, i am now a super human from all my hard gone by efforts at school. i dont complain about it, i just complain about not complaining.'

also, if they dont do it outside where its freezing im sure they could do it inside where its not.

Im sure just about all of us have done sport on the freezing cold at school, im sure we also whinged like the little kids we were

Edited by mijjman1
missed a bit