Outdoor PE in cold weather

my sons school are the same he is only 5 and suffers with pnumonia in winter i think for kids this age let them do it indoors in extreme temperatures my daughter does cross country whatever the weather in shorts and tshirt i think they should change this to a tracksuit too x

I didn't think fresh air and exercise was a cause of pneumonia.

I'd have concerns if 5 year olds were standing still in shorts and t-shirts at freezing temperatures.

However, I think its perfectly fine for them to be running around doing P.E. in sweatshirts and tracksuit bottoms in freezing temperatures.

Exercise really does warm you up considerably, and is really good for you too.

i thought maths was cruel cos i hated it and didnt want to be a mathmetician, but i wasnt allowed to pick and choose which bits of the curriculum i did.

a bit of cold doesnt make the world stop turning. the country doesnt shut down for the winter months, unless it snows when im sure that the outdoor PE will also cease (probably cos the school would be shut anyway).

sounds like there's a lack of compromise between the school and the parents.

i see no reason why allowing the kids to wrap up a bit warmer wouldnt solve it?

Don't be ridiculous.

We are not talking about picking and choosing which parts of the curriculum any child does.

The issue here is small children doing PE in the freezing cold when a perfectly good alternative would be to use an indoor gym/hall.

my sons school are the same he is only 5 and suffers with pnumonia in winter i think for kids this age let them do it indoors in extreme temperatures my daughter does cross country whatever the weather in shorts and tshirt i think they should change this to a tracksuit too x

They're more likely to catch viruses & infections by being cooped up indoors where bugs get a chance to breed & spread.