99% say Get out of Europe. What do you think?

I wouldn't say that cyclone is lefty or liberal :huh:
They trouble with Cyclone and his ilk is that they seem to think that we should spend our lives applogising for being British and for what out forefathers did (the rich ones I mean).

He's right thoiugh - they left the colonies pretty well organised and financially stable (to say the least). African corruption destroyed countries like Rhodesia, our only blame can be leaving the lunatics to run the asylum - but we had to.

The countries were destroyed by the superpowers meddling in their affairs during the cold war. Rebels were armed, governments were overthrown, huge bribes were paid to keep very bad men in power.

Us and the Soviets are to blame for arming the lunatics, putting them in power and then trying our best to keep lunatics in charge.

They trouble with Cyclone and his ilk is that they seem to think that we should spend our lives applogising for being British and for what out forefathers did (the rich ones I mean).

I think you have the wrong person there.

What Cyclone is doing is called 'thinking'. Try it. He might be wrong, but not as wrong as you.

The countries were destroyed by the superpowers meddling in their affairs during the cold war. Rebels were armed, governments were overthrown, huge bribes were paid to keep very bad men in power.

Us and the Soviets are to blame for arming the lunatics, putting them in power and then trying our best to keep lunatics in charge.

Only certain countries like Cuba, Egypt and the other Arab states were pawns in the cold war but that is only a small minority considering that they weren't even the former colonies that we're talking about.

Vietnam and Korea are classic examples of destabalising commie interference.

India, Pakistan, Somalia, Iraq, Sri Lanka,Sudan, Israel/Palestine and Nigeria were not destroyed by the superpowers during the cold war and these countries only were the subject of my original post.

Today they are among the worlds trouble spots simply because they were cobbled together by men who drew boundaries on maps and not by ethnics

Yugoslavia was cobbled together after the fall of the Hapsburg Empire after WW1 by the efforts of France's Foch and Britain's LLoyd George. Croats, Muslims, Serbs all lumped together. No wonder the country fell apart decades later and caused the deaths of countless people in the 1990s war.

Not intended to be an anti-British rant but only to point out that superpowers make mistakes.

Only certain countries like Cuba, Egypt and the other Arab states were pawns in the cold war but that is only a small minority considering that they weren't even the former colonies that we're talking about.

Vietnam and Korea are classic examples of destabalising commie interference.

I suggest that you read a history book, Central and South America, most of Asia and Africa were constantly interfered with by the super powers in one way or another.

India, Pakistan, Somalia, Iraq, Sri Lanka,Sudan, Israel/Palestine and Nigeria were not destroyed by the superpowers during the cold war and these countries only were the subject of my original post.

Today they are among the worlds trouble spots simply because they were cobbled together by men who drew boundaries on maps and not by ethnics

Yugoslavia was cobbled together after the fall of the Hapsburg Empire after WW1 by the efforts of France's Foch and Britain's LLoyd George. Croats, Muslims, Serbs all lumped together. No wonder the country fell apart decades later and caused the deaths of countless people in the 1990s war.

Not intended to be an anti-British rant but only to point out that superpowers make mistakes.

I think that you miss understand me, I'm not saying during the colonial period big mistakes weren't made and atrocities weren't carried out. All I'm suggesting is that the more recent mistakes are probably more relevant when discussing the state of the world today.

I suggest that you read a history book, Central and South America, most of Asia and Africa were constantly interfered with by the super powers in one way or another.

As far as south America was concerned I imagine Washington didnt want a collection of Communist countries on its doorstep.

Likewise the Russians would not have taken kindly to any interference within the satellire communist countries on their borders.

South Vietnam and the threat of it's fall to communist North Vietnam were a result of the domino theory.

Who can really criticize this way of thinking decades later. The Soviet Union were paranoid about another invasion from the west following WW2, the Americans didnt want nukes on their doorstep in Cuba and the fall of Asia to communism was seen as a potential catastrophe.

It all seemed very real at the time

Mod Note

A number of posts have been deleted for a variety of reasons, most notably personal insults and deliberate misquoting.

Please debate without insults and try to quote accurately in future.

Archived