Can Sheffields buses get you the sack?

I went to get the bus last night - the last one is at 6.13pm.

Was at the bus stop at 6pm and waited till 6.30, no bus at all so ended up having to get a taxi.

Its not the first time this has happened and I doubt it will be the last.

The thing is, they used to be every 20 minutes and the last one was at 11.30, but they cut it down to 1 an hour and a 6.13pm finish - and then they cant even turn up, never mind be on time...

Most of us do, others just don't have enough between their ears to understand that the bus companies do not have control of how many cars fill the roads on any given day.

Sometimes my trip home from work in the centre of Sheffield takes me less than 20 minutes. Last night, it took an hour and a quarter - to go 5 miles!!

I must find some buses to blame . . .

I cant get my breath.... even when it's spelt out for you, you still can't see that we do everything """"WITHIN OUR POWER"""" to be on time. We cant be held accountable for external influences.

i think Conrod was being sarcastic about the people who have a go at the bus drivers and bus companies, he's on your side :thumbsup:

off topic completely, but i think them screens on the top of the bus stop outside the barnsley road entrance to NGH are great. they tell you to the minute when your bus is due, stops me getting irate about a bus thats 'late' when to be honest i actually have no idea when 'on time' is supposed to be.... :hihi:

Archived