Smoking establishments - Debate, not abuse.

Oh, I,m wrong again am I? - how surprising that one of the super intelligent, anti-smoking brigade should know better than I - aren't I a silly billy?

You perfect anti-smoking specimens of humanity do make me laugh - you're not only control freak miseries but all seem to have a would-be-God complex too.

Let me inform you again that, I am not in the business of denial or excuses - I do what I please, when I please and if you think I'm harming anyone else and want to fret about it - feel free - I care not.

You think that your "telling me smoking is bad may pull at my guilt" - are you for real? - I would never take notice of a delusion filled busybody like you if my life depended on it.

It's hard to decide whether you are having a laugh and a bit of fun to try and wind me up or whether you're completely crackers but it doesn't really matter because, when you're so close to losing it, I don't want to push you over the edge completely.

In view of that, I shall no longer credit your posts on this subject as worthy of reply but feel free to continue contributing because your god-like comments must be cheering the other smokers up.

PS Only just noticed your pen name - I must be slipping - THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

From the original posting

...... I wondered whether people care to genuinely debate this subject without resorting to abuse......

Oh, I,m wrong again am I? - how surprising that one of the super intelligent, anti-smoking brigade should know better than I - aren't I a silly billy?

You perfect anti-smoking specimens of humanity do make me laugh - you're not only control freak miseries but all seem to have a would-be-God complex too.

Let me inform you again that, I am not in the business of denial or excuses - I do what I please, when I please and if you think I'm harming anyone else and want to fret about it - feel free - I care not.

You think that your "telling me smoking is bad may pull at my guilt" - are you for real? - I would never take notice of a delusion filled busybody like you if my life depended on it.

It's hard to decide whether you are having a laugh and a bit of fun to try and wind me up or whether you're completely crackers but it doesn't really matter because, when you're so close to losing it, I don't want to push you over the edge completely.

In view of that, I shall no longer credit your posts on this subject as worthy of reply but feel free to continue contributing because your god-like comments must be cheering the other smokers up.

PS Only just noticed your pen name - I must be slipping - THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

Well of course you don't care, you have no control over your addiction which makes you weak. I rest my case. I have many good friends who are addicted...but that's where it stops it seems. They just have the mental capacity to understand that what they are doing isn't good and therefore confine it to themselves...naturally. Unlike you who's addiction goes one step further '**** em!'

May I also add that not all smokers take your line of view. Some smokers even addicted ones are aware of the stupidity of that addiction but still manage to minimise the effect it has on others by actually taking on board it's negative effects.

Hmm, reasoned argument from Alien. Attacks from Organgrinder. Just like I and everyone else has said.

Alien has presented no reasoned argument at all, either for or against, the idea of smoking establishments - that is what the debate is about.

All Alien has commented on is my personal behaviour with cigarettes - that is NOT what the debate is about.

Your post also makes no mention of smoking establishments, either for or against so you, like he was, are just trolling too.

If you want to discuss the subject of the thread then fine -I don't mind if you're against it - everyone's entitled to their own view on the subject in hand.

If you don't want to discuss that subject, then your posts on this thread, like Aliens, will not be considered worthy of an answer by me.

The very fact that you both ignore the subject and concentrate on me is the proof that none of you have an argument to present about smoking establishments, which is what I suspected in the first place.

Alien has presented no reasoned argument at all, either for or against, the idea of smoking establishments - that is what the debate is about.

All Alien has commented on is my personal behaviour with cigarettes - that is NOT what the debate is about.

Your post also makes no mention of smoking establishments, either for or against so you, like he was, are just trolling too.

If you want to discuss the subject of the thread then fine -I don't mind if you're against it - everyone's entitled to their own view on the subject in hand.

If you don't want to discuss that subject, then your posts on this thread, like Aliens, will not be considered worthy of an answer by me.

The very fact that you both ignore the subject and concentrate on me is the proof that none of you have an argument to present about smoking establishments, which is what I suspected in the first place.

Yes I did comment on smoking establishments...If you cared to read my post you would have understood that. And how in the hell do you propose to discuss a subject in depth if you don't inc addiction and self harm as a consequence, not just to yourself but others around you? Or did you want everyone to ignore that bit and just agree and maybe go on to how we decorate these establishments and make them more user friendly?

Here's the answer you want...'Yes we would love the law to be overturned to fit in with our harmful lifestyle?

No we wouldn't, it would be a backward step to pander to the first alternative as above.

No debate really if you wish to go for one of the above. No one attacked you personally yet you seem to think that personal abuse is your own personal domain. And the only reason I concentrate on you is because you are replying. Considering you don't think I, alchresearch or any other that disagrees with you is worthy of a response, you seem to be making a hell of a hoohaa in avoiding us.

You ask for no abuse on the issue of abuse as a direct consequence of your inferred proposal???:huh:

Anyway..it's all immaterial unless the law changes. That's very unlikely so instead of playing the victim (self inflicted) try fitting in. It's not so difficult if you can get beyond your own NEEDS. And hey!! never guess what, there hasn't been an outright ban on smoking...the law isn't stopping you..it just stops you from polluting others the best way it can without removing your right to privacy. A public venue is not privacy. What you selfishly propose is, lets have establishments where smokers can go which alienates friends or associates by default because they care about their health? Smoke free zones do you and others regardless of an addiction no harm.

Problems with introducing smoking pubs:

1. In small villages where there is only one pub

2. In small villages where there are two pubs and both wish to remain either one or the other.

3. Extraction- powerful extraction systems create problems such as strong draughts, the air going out has to be balanced by air coming in and this has to be catered for, not easy in most buildings, and expensive, not to mention the extra heating cost.

Problems with introducing smoking pubs:

1. In small villages where there is only one pub

2. In small villages where there are two pubs and both wish to remain either one or the other.

3. Extraction- powerful extraction systems create problems such as strong draughts, the air going out has to be balanced by air coming in and this has to be catered for, not easy in most buildings, and expensive, not to mention the extra heating cost.

And many people have to visit pubs besides those that want to drink there. Why should they be subjected to seconhand smoke?

Smoking or not smoking, pubs these days are full of unruly children who's parents couldn't give a flying. And the breweries don't help by advertising two meals for a fiver etc; pubs full of tight fisted farts spending bugger all.

£2.80 for a pint of anything decent, and £5.00 odd per large glass of wine has slowed down our pub visits no end. This coupled with the smoking ban saw me more or less give pubs the elbow prior to me stopping smoking in May of this year.

And many people have to visit pubs besides those that want to drink there. Why should they be subjected to seconhand smoke?

Exactly, but I was trying to answer Organgrinders appeal for suggestions as to the practicalities of introducing an (hypothetical) alternative choice for smokers, based, presumably, on the existing pubs available.

Yes, many people visit pubs in the course of their business, including entertainers, DJs, etc, all of which have to be considered.

Archived