Smoking establishments - Debate, not abuse.

No. The anti discrimination laws were drawn up by qualified lawyers, and are quite sensible to anyone who thinks about them.

Perfectly sensible to anyone who is not being discriminated against.

• 3 weeks later...
My partner smokes, but he doesn't smoke inside the house because I'm not prepared to share my living space with his smoke.

I don't visit pubs often (only for social visits since I rarely drink) but I would choose not to visit any pub which introduced a smoking area, and that would apply no matter which friend wanted to visit it.

I didn't give up smoking to then be forced to share someone else's smoke. If the law was changed to allow smoking in certain pubs then that would automatically mean that I would not not increase their takings by going there.

So what about air polution, is that any better for you than smoke from a cigerette?

So what about air polution, is that any better for you than smoke from a cigerette?

Yes quite a lot actually because cigarette smoke also contains all the air polution plus the smoke toxins from the cig. You can't clean up polution by dropping cyanide in to it.

Archived