Milestone at the wig and pen

chriswetfish

I , for one, look forward to dining at the 'new' wig and pen. Having worked with Matt Hodkin for a short time, I know he can deliver great food and this will be a brilliant opportunity for a young talented chef to really shine and finally provide the city centre with a restaurant worthy of a long lunch. Good luck matt and don't let the ******** grind you down !!

Good luck to the Milestone. I truley hope that they dont go the same way as "the cricket inn" when they opened "the Inn" at troway. Thinking that the reputation would be enough to run the place rather than effort and hard work.

Any critisism they receive they refer you back the sucsess of the first without admitting how dyer the latter is.

Dear clubfoot. Cricket Inn analogy to this opening is totally irrelevent. Why allude to a negative to somewhere that hasn't even delivered their first dish. Sheffield needs to fully support new openings and should just judge it on it's merits when fully up and running. However, you do wish them good luck so lets leave it at that x.

I , for one, look forward to dining at the 'new' wig and pen. Having worked with Matt Hodkin for a short time, I know he can deliver great food and this will be a brilliant opportunity for a young talented chef to really shine and finally provide the city centre with a restaurant worthy of a long lunch. Good luck matt and don't let the ******** grind you down !!

So the rumours are true?

Fantastic news. Loved the old restaurant version of the Milestone, pre GR. Hope we get to see more of that in the future.

Good luck to them all!

Mr Jobean took me to the Milestone for drinks last night...it was lush. We mainly people watched as do not have the pennies for a meal there, but after a few vinos we indulged in a cheese board. Yum yum yum. The atmosphere is always fantastic, I will definatly go to the new place too!

Dear clubfoot. Cricket Inn analogy to this opening is totally irrelevent. Why allude to a negative to somewhere that hasn't even delivered their first dish. Sheffield needs to fully support new openings and should just judge it on it's merits when fully up and running. However, you do wish them good luck so lets leave it at that x.

Sorry if this sounded like i was being negative towards the guys from milestone. I love the place just like i really like the cricket inn. All I was saying is that i hope they dont fall into the same trap. And i totally agree we should support new independant openings in Sheffield and the place will be very welcome on Campo Lane it should and i hope it does very well.

So the rumours are true?

Fantastic news. Loved the old restaurant version of the Milestone, pre GR. Hope we get to see more of that in the future.

Good luck to them all!

Answered my own question - saw some adverts for staff in the window. Very much so looking forward to this!

• 3 weeks later...

Had a marketing email from Milestone today which said.....

Our New Premises on Campo Lane

You may have heard that we will be opening the ‘Milestone 2’ in the New Year.It is what used to be the Wig & Pen located on Campo Lane/Paradise Square.

The new venue will be different but still recognisable as the Milestone, and of course will retain the same quality of food and service as our Kelham Island gastro pub. We are currently refurbishing the venue but we are opening our doors during the festive period to test the kitchen and bed ourselves in. Feel free to pop by and give us your views.

In the New Year we’ll be holding an official launch party to open in style – watch this space for details.

Come and celebrate the New Year in style at either of our venues.

We are opening our doors for a sneak preview of our new Oyster Bar – an exciting new concept and style for South Yorkshire - at a special ‘one night only’ New Years Eve Party treat at ‘Milestone 2’.

Enjoy an elegant evening including champagne and oysters and see the new place taking shape whilst partying along with the new ‘Milestone 2’ team. Also don’t forget if you prefer a cosy, more informal New Years Eve, book a night at The Milestone in Kelham Island.

I for one will be looking forward to the oyster bar!!

Archived