Milestone at the wig and pen

chriswetfish

same here, i love seafood, mussells, cockles, all that snizzle but oysters just didnt do it for me, too salty tasting and slimy and no chewing involved- i dont get it. But like I said willing to give another whirl as they maybe just bad oysters, from loch fyne, that seafood chain.

Had a marketing email from Milestone today which said.....

Our New Premises on Campo Lane

You may have heard that we will be opening the ‘Milestone 2’ in the New Year.It is what used to be the Wig & Pen located on Campo Lane/Paradise Square.

The new venue will be different but still recognisable as the Milestone, and of course will retain the same quality of food and service as our Kelham Island gastro pub. We are currently refurbishing the venue but we are opening our doors during the festive period to test the kitchen and bed ourselves in. Feel free to pop by and give us your views.

In the New Year we’ll be holding an official launch party to open in style – watch this space for details.

Come and celebrate the New Year in style at either of our venues.

We are opening our doors for a sneak preview of our new Oyster Bar – an exciting new concept and style for South Yorkshire - at a special ‘one night only’ New Years Eve Party treat at ‘Milestone 2’.

Enjoy an elegant evening including champagne and oysters and see the new place taking shape whilst partying along with the new ‘Milestone 2’ team. Also don’t forget if you prefer a cosy, more informal New Years Eve, book a night at The Milestone in Kelham Island.

I for one will be looking forward to the oyster bar!!

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE OYSTER BAR !!!!! :thumbsup:

I went in there last night - I'd been to the Wig and Pen a couple of times before and liked it enough to feel disappointed when it closed. I work right opposite the Wig and Pen so i was pleasantly surprised to find it reopened as the Milestone 2. The staff were very enthusiastic in there and the decor is very clean and relaxed. I'll definitely be going back for more in the New Year.

I went in there last night - I'd been to the Wig and Pen a couple of times before and liked it enough to feel disappointed when it closed. I work right opposite the Wig and Pen so i was pleasantly surprised to find it reopened as the Milestone 2. The staff were very enthusiastic in there and the decor is very clean and relaxed. I'll definitely be going back for more in the New Year.

So glad you posted this! It was our anniversary yesterday and we managed to get a babysitter at the last minute. I was left with the task of booking somewhere for dinner and was at a bit of a loss since most places are busy with Christmas functions. I read your post and thought they might not be too busy since they've just opened. I eventually managed to track down a phone number and booked us a table for last night. We had a lovely evening and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, especially the pudding. We're ooking forward to a return visit once the oyster bar is installed.

Thanks again squidge00.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived