Milestone at the wig and pen

chriswetfish

Anybody got contact details to make a reservation? It is not two sittings is it?

Their phone no is 0114 272 2150. It is indeed open, my other half and I had dinner there 2wks ago. It was unsurprisingly quiet (not only was it a weekday and before their official launch, but also just after the Xmas/New Year period when everyone is skint!) The food, however, was very good. Menu similar to the original Milestone but not quite the same. I had pork belly, the other half had lamb, both excellent. Definitely an improvement to the food when it was the Wig and Pen!

I was gutted when old w+p closed but was very excited when i recieved an e-mail this week announcing the launch of the milestone@w+p. i tried to book milestone for saturday night but was full. they told me w+p was open as i thought it wouldnt be until the launch on thursday. Anyway long story short went for meal last night and it was EXCELLENT!! the whole layout is gastropub so no seperate restaurant or drinjs areas. the menu was most imaginative i have seen in sheffield such dishes as cockles with lamb sweet breads and an amazing rabbit three ways dish. wife had belly pork and was delicious. thoroughly reccomend the place to anyone.

Least there doing something new and different, even if they dont always hit the mark, most places are chains now which is sad to see. I also know how difficult it is to set-up on the city centre, rates are high and customers are picky. Special mention to the milestone guys who work damn hard. :)

News must have got round fast as their official launch party tomorrow is completely sold out, myself and the OH were devastated! Glad they are doing well. Matt who runs both places is great and despite being the manager is not above having a chat and bringing your drinks when no one else is available ;-)

Bit disappointed with the opening last night. Was well looking forward to sampling their food but saw about 2 canapes and that's only after asking the waiter who was attentive (I must admit they were very good at their job). Didn't fancy eating the chips and pea puree much that was floating about..kept thinking peanuts in a pub. oysters were nice and yum! oh goody bag contained leffe beer, hearbeat from wentworth, strawberry jam, chocs, mixed fruit and sundried tomatoes oh forgot the book as well! anyone else was there?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived