Milestone at the wig and pen

chriswetfish

We went to the milestone at the pig and pen for lunch n Tuesday and was expecting great things...we were disappointed. I had the soup of the day which was mushroom, it was really thick more like a puree, it tasted OK but was full of grit from the porcini it had in it so I could only eat half of it it was £5 too, my husbank had the steak sandwich which was the flank which is usually slow cooked or braised because it's a tough cut, they had cppked it rare. My husband had to chew it for ages, the inside was OK but the rest was really, really tough and flavourless, the sandwich was served on a burnt piece of bread covered in loads of rock salt, and was soggy with oil! Not good. We won't go back...don't believe the hype!

Extremely disappointing.

Had a rabbit pie for starter - the crust was rock hard and dry like it was out of date. The filling was tasteless. My wife's starter was just as uninspiring.

Mains were hardly an improvement. Pigs cheek rolled and boned was ok but not worth the price. It just came with mash underneath . I was absolutely starving when we left which is a strange experience when you've been out for a meal.

Decent real ale was the only plus point.

I would say there is a massive lack of consistency with this establishment.

Archived