Cyclist threatened by driver, cops do nothing.

Don't forget to rev it like there's no tomorrow when you get in front of a cyclist! The look on their faces is priceless as the fumes billow into them, steaming their eyeballs or goggles up! :thumbsup:

Oh, can't do that. They'll get my number plate and post it on youtube.

Another 3 points and I'm banned :o

x

My heart sank when I saw this post because I knew the comments would be full of the nonsense about how motorists can't be held responsible for their dangerous driving until every cyclist jumping a red light is behind bars (or something like that).

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I believe cyclists should follow the road rules but they pose nothing like the danger to other road users that careless drivers of motor vehicles do. An examination of the statistics shows that one pedestrian died after being hit by a pedal cyclist last year, while 419 were killed by other vehicles. Since cyclists account for around 2 per cent of traffic - and probably more in the places with most pedestrians - cyclists kill fewer pedestrians than their share of the traffic.

The key to improving road safety is indeed to ensure that people driving cars are obeying the speed limit, not talking on their mobile telephones are sober, not on drugs and can see the road clearly and concentrate. Since most motorists break at least one of these rules every time they drive, there's very little scope for motorists to get worked up about cyclists' behaviour.

Really? Well get clicking on the report button then.

I take you don't actually have any evidence that then QC behaves in the way you described?

You made it up, didn't you?

You posted something you knew was untrue in order to undermine his account.

You lied, in other words.

Thanks for admitting it, apology accepted.

Road tax doesn't exist. It's VED, or 'car tax'. Motorists do not pay for the roads, we all do, via general taxation, direct taxation and council tax. In 1926, Winston Churchill started the process to abolish road tax. He didn't want motorists to think a token payment gave them ownership of the road. Road tax finally died in 1937, says DVLA. Paying Vehicle Excise Duty gives no "right to the road" for motorists (or car-owning cyclists). Road tax hasn't existed for 73 years.

Did you really think your VED and that of all the drivers in the country covers the cost of roads in the UK?

Guffaw.

I take you don't actually have any evidence that then QC behaves in the way you described?

You made it up, didn't you?

You posted something you knew was untrue in order to undermine his account.

You lied, in other words.

Thanks for admitting it, apology accepted.

I've admitted nothing and apologised for nothing. Any personal injury laywer has been refered to as an ambulance chaser by my lot. The same was as police get called pigs, prison officers get called screws, PCSO's get called chimps.

Should I start to attempt to discredit your statements?

Actually, VED and fuel tax go to the exchequer, but that tax fund only pays for motorways and some other major trunk routes.

The urban public highway that most cyclists use is paid for by local authorities out of council tax revenues.

Slight clarification, but you're still wrong!

The reason ignorance such as your's is dangerous is because it fosters the illusion of cyclists as interlopers, and encourages the behaviour of knuckle draggers like the Golf driver.

Dangerous ignorance.

So people would be more obliging to your pathetic ramblings if you became more common and called it road tax.:|

They're not pathetic ramblings yet, he's still at the 'rational reply to a topic' stage.

You wait until spindrift loses his temper, it's like being told off by your schoolteacher :blush:

x

Archived