Wanted: Swearing Down Lessons.

So far I`ve only read it on Sheffielders` Facebook but I actually heared it in Leicestershire....

Seems to be a relatively new thing and as a dedicated follower of fashion, I WILL be using the phrase as often as possible in future, I swear down I will!

As a dedicated follower of fashion, you need to get your bread hooks on one of these clicky

Many, many years ago there was only one word known to early man and that was 'UGG'. It meant everything, as does 'WOOF' to a dog and 'MEOUW' to a cat.

When early man went for a poo he would indicate this to his mate by pointing to his bum and saying, "UGG". If he hit his thumb with a rock he would scream, "UGG!!!" During procreation both partners would utter a sound akin to "UGG, UUUGG, UGGGGGGGG!!!" This very act became known as 'Having a good UGG'.

Indeed, this first swearword still exists today and can be found in words like 'bUGGer', jUGGs and nUGGets.

Many, many years ago there was only one word known to early man and that was 'UGG'. It meant everything, as does 'WOOF' to a dog and 'MEOUW' to a cat.

When early man went for a poo he would indicate this to his mate by pointing to his bum and saying, "UGG". If he hit his thumb with a rock he would scream, "UGG!!!" During procreation both partners would utter a sound akin to "UGG, UUUGG, UGGGGGGGG!!!" This very act became known as 'Having a good UGG'.

Indeed, this first swearword still exists today and can be found in words like 'bUGGer', jUGGs and nUGGets.

You must be the same saxon51 as Professor saxon, professor of history and anthropology at the University of Wallamaloo and author of the paper "The place of UGG in the development of profanity"

You must be the same saxon51 as Professor saxon, professor of history and anthropology at the University of Wallamaloo and author of the paper "The place of UGG in the development of profanity"

The very same sir.

You forgot to mention my honourary doctorate in mindless ramblings and utter drivel which I received from the grateful inmates of 'Killamarsh and District STD clinic and voluntary sanitorium' for my services to their ludo and toe wrestling club.

Are you the same Sir Shanes Teeth who once famously climbed Jo Brand without the assistance of ropes or oxygen?

The very same sir.

You forgot to mention my honourary doctorate in mindless ramblings and utter drivel which I received from the grateful inmates of 'Killamarsh and District STD clinic and voluntary sanitorium' for my services to their ludo and toe wrestling club.

Are you the same Sir Shanes Teeth who once famously climbed Jo Brand without the assistance of ropes or oxygen?

Indeed. And I cannot tell you how dissapointed I was to break my leg on the ascent and had to turn back before completing my "exploration". It's an episode I covered at length in my Paper,Book,Feature Film,Comic Strip,Wii Game and Radio Series "Touching the Lard"

Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. (Least of all by God which is blasphemy.) Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned. (James 5:12)

But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; (Matthew 5:34)

For someone who is willing and able to make the bible mean almost literally anything via the medium of greek and hebrew, I'm surprised that you appear here to be taking something at face value in an english translation.

Are you sure it means 'swear' as in 'effing and jeffing' and not 'swear' as in oath? The latter definition certainly makes more sense.

Indeed. And I cannot tell you how dissapointed I was to break my leg on the ascent and had to turn back before completing my "exploration". It's an episode I covered at length in my Paper,Book,Feature Film,Comic Strip,Wii Game and Radio Series "Touching the Lard"

I bet that night spent in the damp and dingy cave half way down was horrendous for you. You'd have been forgiven for a bit of 'swearing down' during that ordeal, I can tell you.

And is it true, as you wrote in your book, 'Volume 2 - Wish I'd Brought a Torch With Me', that when you shouted "Hello!!" the echo came back, "Oh, hello mate. You stuck anall are ya pal?"

Archived