Destination:PARIS 2011

Morning,

Myself and a bunch of friends are taking part in a charity bike ride next year (13th August 2011) in aid of the Sheffield Children's Hospital. The plan is to cycle from our hometown of Rotherham, aiming to finish at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.

'destination: PARIS 2011' has been organised to last over 9 days, each of the first 6 days is based on 10-hours cycling, with a target of circa 100 miles per day. The 7th day will be a day of well-deserved rest and recouperation, and also to take in the delightful sights of Paris, whilst the final day will solely be the journey back to our hometown of Rotherham. The spare day is an insurance day, to cover any unforeseen circumstances arise during the ride, such as accidental damage to equipment due to wear and tear, tyre punctures for example, any injuries, or any traffic build-up on our planned routes.

There are a total of 7 cyclists taking part, there are also 3 people making up our back-up team, to assist us incase of any emergencies or accidents. Further fundraising ideas to bolster the amount of money we wish to raise are currently being organised. Due to a number of the lads taking part being Wednesdayites, we are planning to run bucket collections at home games during the time period prior to the ride. Local radio stations at our checkpoints are also being contacted to arrange possible interviews to raise further awareness of our ride.

I feel I must reiterate that the sole purpose of the bike ride, is to raise as much money possible to donate to the Sheffield Children's Hospital to help towards anything they wish to use the money for, aslong as it goes to a good cause!

The cyclists involved are all fully aware of the sense of achievement this will bring to them, along with the respect of their peers, and the Sheffield Children's Hospital, this is the driving force behind them and they will use all the willpower, strength and determination that they can muster up, just to complete this charity ride, and put a smile on a child's face.

Although none of the cyclists are parents (yet!), we still fully understand the importance of family values, and what this ride could mean to a number of families, through the money that we raise.

Any donations are greatly appreciated, not just by the cyclists, but by the children at the Sheffield Children's Hospital, who may I add have backed us 100% with our ride, and have been very, very helpful with some of the arrangements. If you wish to make a donation, please click here - http://www.justgiving.com/cycleriderotherhamtoparis - to go to our JustGiving page, alternatively you can visit our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/DestinationParis-2011/116080958449700) page, and keep up-to-date with updates and such.

If you have any questions or ideas, just reply to this thread or drop me a PM and I shall respond as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Karl

Archived