Who'd be a role model?

danot

I would say that Bobby Charlton, Allan Shearer and Henry Cooper are good role models

and lately Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes. You dont see them falling out of nightclubs. They have been quite happy to stay at one club, keep their private life private and do their talking on the pitch. Whereas Rooney and Beckham are only motivated my money and anything that helps them make even more money

:

That's the way it is, but it shouldn't be. No one should have to have their private life violated. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

But their private life is private. It has nothing at all to do with Joe public, or the professional career of the star in question. It is a violation of a persons personal and private affairs. Their fortune and fame doesn't alter that.

I agree but tell that to the paparrazi.

On the other hand when Tiger Woods OH busts up the rear window of his Caddy Escalade with a gold club in the wee hours of the morning that's hardly keeping dissension in the love nest private is it ? :hihi:

Must have provided some entertainment for the neighbors rudely awoken from their slumbers

:

I agree but tell that to the paparrazi.

On the other hand when Tiger Woods OH busts up the rear window of his Caddy Escalade with a gold club in the wee hours of the morning that's hardly keeping dissension in the love nest private is it ? :hihi:

Must have provided some entertainment for the neighbors rudely awoken from their slumbers

True. But it's still their business, no one else's. The way his wife reacted didn't do either of them any favours, but who could blame her.

Its all about consequences isnt it. As Harley man says, it is the price of fame. One knows what the press are like in this country and unless the press become more stifled by laws then celebrities must know what they are getting in to.

I am sorry but I really dont have any sympathy for them.

However the last thing I would want to be is a celebrity role model, but doing something charitable then that is a different issue all together.

Its all about consequences isnt it. As Harley man says, it is the price of fame. One knows what the press are like in this country and unless the press become more stifled by laws then celebrities must know what they are getting in to.

I am sorry but I really dont have any sympathy for them.

However the last thing I would want to be is a celebrity role model, but doing something charitable then that is a different issue all together.

I agree. i dont know of one celebrity I'd like as a role model if I were a kid.

Most of them seem to be having nervous breakdowns over their weight, drugs or drinking problems, attempted suicides or bed hopping with other celebrities.

I would look to my parents for role models instead. Sadly thoogh not all of them fulfill this role

I agree. i dont know of one celebrity I'd like as a role model if I were a kid.

Most of them seem to be having nervous breakdowns over their weight, drugs or drinking problems, attempted suicides or bed hopping with other celebrities.

I would look to my parents for role models instead. Sadly thoogh not all of them fulfill this role

Myself and my daughter were talking about this the other day after discussing how nice a person Rebecca Ferguson seems to be (in X Factor) and wondering what she will be like in a years time when fame and fortune have crossed her path.

I sometimes think those who go out in the earlier stages will actually be better off ( not financially), but just be less affected by all the media hype etc.

Archived