I am cold, what about the elderly?

My wife works for the council. She is a warden and visits the old and vulnerable in their own homes every day.She visits about 40 old people every day. The council are making them all redundant. NO....THIS IS NOT A JOKE....IT IS HAPPENING NOW!

My wife works for the council. She is a warden and visits the old and vulnerable in their own homes every day.She visits about 40 old people every day. The council are making them all redundant. NO....THIS IS NOT A JOKE....IT IS HAPPENING NOW!

I know what you mean and how your wife must feel, as i used to do the same job...i found that some people's families couldnt be bothered either.

Regarding cuts, i read the other day on a forum about an old couple that had a mentally disabled 47 yr old, the wife was 79 and used to do the bulk of care, but she had a heart attack and couldnt do as much, when the old gent asked for help he was told no chance as they were cutting down on the service!!...so that was 2 79 yr olds one with a bad heart condition looking after a disabled adult...:rolleyes::mad:

I know what you mean and how your wife must feel, as i used to do the same job...i found that some people's families couldnt be bothered either.

Regarding cuts, i read the other day on a forum about an old couple that had a mentally disabled 47 yr old, the wife was 79 and used to do the bulk of care, but she had a heart attack and couldnt do as much, when the old gent asked for help he was told no chance as they were cutting down on the service!!...so that was 2 79 yr olds one with a bad heart condition looking after a disabled adult...:rolleyes::mad:

The old and infirm will die as a result of the cuts. There is no doubt whatsoever about that. To the ConDems money is God and people do not matter.

The old and vulnerable are being targeted because they are not fit enough to fight back .

The old and infirm will die as a result of the cuts. There is no doubt whatsoever about that. To the ConDems money is God and people do not matter.

The old and vulnerable are being targeted because they are not fit enough to fight back .

Yeah thats true, all the more for us who can to help out even if its in a small way...:)

I'm a community nurse for the elderly......sometimes I want to weep because I can't get what I want for my patients - although really I should say what they NEED.

I'm a community nurse for the elderly......sometimes I want to weep because I can't get what I want for my patients - although really I should say what they NEED.

Unfortunately the old and infirm are under attack because they are too weak to stand up and fight back.

How we treat our old people is a measure of our humanity.

We fail miserably.:(

It doesn't really matter whether money is God or not. The fact that there isn't any of it means we can't afford the services any more.

If this upsets you, pin the blame where it lies, on the people who spent trillions of pounds we do not have.

It doesn't really matter whether money is God or not. The fact that there isn't any of it means we can't afford the services any more.

If this upsets you, pin the blame where it lies, on the people who spent trillions of pounds we do not have.

Thats true, but it dosent alter the fact that oap's will go very cold this winter.

And as for the fuel allowance, its a help but dosent go very far with the price of energy going up and up as it is...:(

I wonder how cold grannie Cleg and granny Cameron will be...:(

I have been worried about the elderly - I have only recently moved here and none of my immediate neighbours are elderly - was thinking about just knocking on a few doors asking if anyone knew of any elderly people who might need help. It's treacherous out there!

Archived