Not a bright Idea!!

I really don't undersatand some people. I went for a walk an hour or so ago

when i came a cross a guy on-top of a alluminum ladder putting up Xmas decorations, now it was pretty obvious the snow had turned to ice so why in gods name stand a ladder on it :loopy:, why climb up the best part of 30' without any head protection even more so just having a t shirt on and jogging bottoms. Is so important to put up outside decoration so early with out a thought that you could kill yourself or is it just plain stupidity.

Just reading the bit I've emboldened tells us all we need to know. :hihi:

I really don't undersatand some people. I went for a walk an hour or so ago

when i came a cross a guy on-top of a alluminum ladder putting up Xmas decorations, now it was pretty obvious the snow had turned to ice so why in gods name stand a ladder on it :loopy:, why climb up the best part of 30' without any head protection even more so just having a t shirt on and jogging bottoms. Is so important to put up outside decoration so early with out a thought that you could kill yourself or is it just plain stupidity.

Are you Health and Safety by any chance, how do you think things got done in the past?

Yes I will agree that it was stupid, but do we need head protection to climb trees, clean windows and should we ware a fase mask to clean out the ashes from a coal fire.

The guy on top of the ladder was entitled to do his own thing and who knows he might have filled out his own risk assesment, and more to the point was he doing anything that puts you at risk.

Are you Health and Safety by any chance, how do you think things got done in the past?

Yes I will agree that it was stupid, but do we need head protection to climb trees, clean windows and should we ware a fase mask to clean out the ashes from a coal fire.

The guy on top of the ladder was entitled to do his own thing and who knows he might have filled out his own risk assesment, and more to the point was he doing anything that puts you at risk.

OOps,thanks for input

Archived