Wikileaks under dos attack

I can think of one repercussion already. The revelation that the Saudis were urging the US to attack Iran. This will only heighten tensions in the middle east and serve to justify Iran's ambition to arm themselves with nuclear weapons to defend themselves against "hostile neighboring Arab countries as well as Israel"

You're presuming that Iran didn't already know this, which seems highly unlikely.

You would think that someone like Manning who joined the army would have a high degree of loyalty to his country.From his photo he looks like a wet litte twerp anyway. Fifty years in Leavenworth will give him plenty of time to reflect on his fleeting moment of fame

You certainly have a penchant for crassness, I'll give you that much. :hihi:

Have you considered that it may be that his conscience was stronger than blind loyalty.

Have you considered that it may be that his conscience was stronger than blind loyalty.

You certainly have a penchant for complicating and twisting the obvious. I'll give you that much :hihi:

Anyway to unmuddle you:

Manning was a member of the military. Swore an oath of loyalty to his commander in chief and his country when he signed up

He was placed in a position of high trust.

He committed an act of high treason. Had it been in wartime he would have faced a firing squad

Conscience stronger than blind loyalty? What a load of crap. He had a beef against the military for some personal reason

You're presuming that Iran didn't already know this, which seems highly unlikely.

Sure they knew already but all this now in the open for the world to see only gives Ahmadinejad another reason to rant that "Iran is not only threatened by Zionism but also by her hostile neighbors therefore we must... blah... blah blah and so on.

You certainly have a penchant for complicating and twisting the obvious. I'll give you that much :hihi:

Anyway to unmuddle you:

Manning was a member of the military. Swore an oath of loyalty to his commander in chief and his country when he signed up

He was placed in a position of high trust.

He committed an act of high treason. Had it been in wartime he would have faced a firing squad

Conscience stronger than blind loyalty? What a load of crap. He had a beef against the military for some personal reason

Thankfully you and I live in different worlds. :)

If he was guided by conscience then he would have either not done it at all, or only stolen pertinent data.

Sure they knew already but all this now in the open for the world to see only gives Ahmadinejad another reason to rant that "Iran is not only threatened by Zionism but also by her hostile neighbors therefore we must... blah... blah blah and so on.

Is that false, or in any way misleading? Is it bad that the rest of the world knows that Ahmadinejad knows this?

He's dismissed the whole thing as a US disinformation programme.

I bet the password is something melodramatic. If it's not a 64 character random alphanumeric string, that is.

Well if that is a realistic assumption then it cuts down the possibilities drastically!

Also it'd need to be stored somewhere!

(Yes it's possible to remember a 64 alphanumeric string (random or not), or more (e.g. memory palace method), or even use other methods of storing in public view)

Archived