Wikileaks under dos attack

Assange arrested - apparently on a charge of having sex without using a condom.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/dec/07/wikileaks-us-embassy-cables-live-updates

The complaint from the second woman is that the condom that they were using broke. I wouldn't imagine that the Daily Mail would be sympathetic to Assange which leads more weight to the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336291/Wikileaks-Julian-Assange-accused-rape-multiple-women.html#ixzz17PsSFVeE

I disagree. If the US have confirmed that these sites are important to them, then it's not a stretch of the imagination that the UK, Europe, wherever you like - has a similar set of places on their list.

I think it's everyones problem.

Just because your enough of a conspiracy geek to know where to find this information is not enough to say this isn't a problem, or it's not the 'wrong' thing to do. It's irresponsible.

Someone wishing to do the US, or anyone for that matter harm, may now have a better idea of how to do it.

"Ah, I never knew the US considers a snake anti-venom factory important. That's just down the road from me and has bugger all security. I'll go and smash the place up and burn it down".

You get the picture.

Rubbish, if someone is competent enough to carry out an attack on the infrastructure, they are competent enough to find out enough information to plan it correctly.

I disagree. If the US have confirmed that these sites are important to them, then it's not a stretch of the imagination that the UK, Europe, wherever you like - has a similar set of places on their list.

I think it's everyones problem.

Just because your enough of a conspiracy geek to know where to find this information is not enough to say this isn't a problem, or it's not the 'wrong' thing to do. It's irresponsible.

Someone wishing to do the US, or anyone for that matter harm, may now have a better idea of how to do it.

"Ah, I never knew the US considers a snake anti-venom factory important. That's just down the road from me and has bugger all security. I'll go and smash the place up and burn it down".

You get the picture.

At which point what happens? The entire American Civilization comes crashing down because of a lack of snake anti-venom?

I can see why you are worried.

At which point what happens? The entire American Civilization comes crashing down because of a lack of snake anti-venom?

I can see why you are worried.

It was an example. Of course the loss of one of the places on the list is not an issue - but they've got a very long list of unprotected, seemingly inocuous places to choose from.

I admit, i doubt it'll end up causing us massive problems, but problems nonetheless. If even one person gets killed because some idiot decides to target somewhere on the basis of this list, that's one person too many and Assange should be held accountable.

Manning should be held accountable, he's the only one who has broken the law so far.

Legally speaking Wikileaks is in the same position as the Guardian, Der Spiegel etc. In other words, these organisations were gifted copies of the information, and are slowly, carefully releasing certain cables in an edited form. This is what is known as a free press.

Going to be another interesting day, gonna warm up the popcorn-maker.

Rubbish, if someone is competent enough to carry out an attack on the infrastructure, they are competent enough to find out enough information to plan it correctly.

Generally their not! They in practice have gone for obvious targets with one thing in common, civilian congregation! Not infrastructure!

Well there's not a huge amount of technology required. You need venomous snakes and barnyard animals.

It can also produce venom, and at a push, beef, pork, lamb and horse cutlets.

Seriously!

Maybe there's an important by-product, some kind of culture for something else?

It's obviously not as simple as you see it!

Archived