Wikileaks under dos attack

Make that millions per second and you'll be closer...

Unless things have changed, each interface has 65,536 ports. At least 1024 will be reserved, and all traffic web server traffic will go through port 80 and then get passed on to another.

It really depends on how many interfaces and mirrors there are. Either way it looked as if Channel 5 news had already printed a copy off, so...

As people have already said, it's available on darknets such as usenet, probably has been for some while. Wikileaks had to get the docs themselves somehow and I bet the US (etc) were trying to see where that came from...

The US know where the leak came from. I thought it was a pretty well established fact.

I think the whole point of wikileaks is multiple sources leaking securely. "the leak" is many individual leaks.

Be interesting to see if their backend gets cracked and the individual leakers are exposed though.

(2:17:59 PM) Manning: the investigating officers left the material unprotected, sitting in a directory on a centcom.smil.mil

(2:18:03 PM) Manning: server

(2:18:56 PM) Manning: but they did zip up the files, aes-256, with an excellent password… so afaik it hasn’t been broken yet

(2:19:12 PM) Manning: 14+ chars…

(2:19:37 PM) Manning: i can’t believe what im telling you =L

hehe

yeah.

02:14:54 AM) Manning: i had two computers… one connected to SIPRNET the other to JWICS…

(02:15:07 AM) Manning: no, they’re government laptops

(02:15:18 AM) Manning: they’ve been zerofilled

(02:15:22 AM) Manning: because of the pullout

(02:15:57 AM) Manning: evidence was destroyed… by the system itself

(02:16:10 AM) Lamo: So how would you deploy the cables? If at all.

(02:16:26 AM) Manning: oh no… cables are reports

(02:16:34 AM) Lamo: ah

(02:16:38 AM) Manning: State Department Cable = a Memorandum

(02:16:48 AM) Lamo: embassy cables?

(02:16:54 AM) Manning: yes

(02:17:00 AM) Manning: 260,000 in all

(02:17:10 AM) Manning: i mentioned this previously

(02:17:14 AM) Lamo: yes

(02:17:31 AM) Lamo: stored locally, or retreiveable?

(02:17:35 AM) Manning: brb latrine =P

(02:17:43 AM) Manning: i dont have a copy anymore

(02:17:59 AM) Lamo: *nod*

(02:18:09 AM) Manning: they were stored on a centralized server…

(02:18:34 AM) Lamo: what’s your endgame plan, then?

(02:18:36 AM) Manning: it was vulnerable as ****

(02:20:57 AM) Manning: well, it was forwarded to WL

(02:21:18 AM) Manning: and god knows what happens now

(02:22:27 AM) Manning: hopefully worldwide discussion, debates, and reforms

(02:23:06 AM) Manning: if not… than we’re doomed

(02:23:18 AM) Manning: as a species

Manning isn't a bad guy, I don't think.

02:35:46 PM) Manning: was watching 15 detainees taken by the Iraqi Federal Police… for printing “anti-Iraqi literature”… the iraqi federal police wouldn’t cooperate with US forces, so i was instructed to investigate the matter, find out who the “bad guys” were, and how significant this was for the FPs… it turned out, they had printed a scholarly critique against PM Maliki… i had an interpreter read it for me… and when i found out that it was a benign political critique titled “Where did the money go?” and following the corruption trail within the PM’s cabinet… i immediately took that information and *ran* to the officer to explain what was going on… he didn’t want to hear any of it… he told me to shut up and explain how we could assist the FPs in finding *MORE* detainees…

No wonder he started leaking. The military shouldn't employ such sensitive, empathetic, independently minded free thinkers.

Wow, this was one guy that did all this

He's probably the fall guy.

I don't really believe anything the American Government say or do to be honest, all this is probably some kind of false flag game they're playing so they can make more laws to take away its peoples rights even further..

Eventually, the internet will be regulated so tightly, we'll only be able to get controlled sites like the BBC and Sky so they can feed us even more of their crap.

Hope I'm wrong..

Archived