Wikileaks under dos attack

Just to make you aware, wiki (actually wikipedia.org) are nothing to do with wikileaks!

Nope, that is not true.

Wiki leaks is a wiki, wikipedia is a wiki. Neither of them invented the concept, neither of them were the first wiki. So in fact 'wiki' has everything to do with wikileaks, exactly the same amount as it has to do with wikipedia.

Nope, that is not true.

Wiki leaks is a wiki, wikipedia is a wiki. Neither of them invented the concept, neither of them were the first wiki. So in fact 'wiki' has everything to do with wikileaks, exactly the same amount as it has to do with wikipedia.

OK, same concept, different group of people!

Noted. Care to elaborate on some of this hearsay?

Of course!

Noted. Care to elaborate on some of this hearsay?

Well, briefly the UN observer condemned the trial in the strongest possible terms in an official statement at the time, and has complained to the then Foreign Secretary David Miliband in the strongest possible terms about the systematic governmental interference in the appeals process that went down recently.

Search for "Dr Hans Koechler, International Observer, appointed by the United Nations, at the Scottish Court in the Netherlands (Lockerbie Trial), on the withholding of supposedly secret evidence from the Defense by order of the Government of the United Kingdom" and google will sort you out.

I don't know why I believe him over Jack Straw, but there you go.

Other well informed punditoids have noticed that the timeline and conditions of compassionate release (dropping the second appeal - if you remember at the time, it was in process and there was no way to "drop it"). A second appeal wasgranted because there was "prima facie" evidence that a miscarriage of justice may have taken place.

Whether the appeal would have acquitted him we will never know, because it was not possible to legally release him on compassionate grounds with a appeal currently going through the courts.

But release on compassionate grounds was the only way to stop a second appeal which many observers, including such erudite organs as The Daily Mail and The Independent, believed would exonerate Megrahi of the Lockerbie bombing.

Was/is Megrahi a terrorist or Libyan secret agent? Probably, he's not some bloke who used to drive a taxi in Tripoli, but he's not the Lockerbie bomber either.

But believe me, there are more scholarly and well researched individuals who have come to the same, or a similar conclusion as a result of really digging.

And I wouldn't worry too much about OT, nothing much on the wikileaks front today...

No I'm despairing at your post. [it was a prediction, not an endorsement]

"whining"?

"Get f'd."?

"you're not the sharpest tool in the box".

I'm bored of it. If you can't sharpen your style to something less odious, then I'm not going to bother reading it.

It's like you just came in from the pub, reeking of ale, and proceded to tell everyone what's what, and just like listening to *****heads, it bores me stupid and annoys me at the same time.

And what's more, here, for once, is an interesting and serious topic where some of us can sound out our own beliefs and opinions against those who would disagree with us.

But no, let's post insulting drivel at each other because it's so much more rewarding.

Please carry on.

Having read my post while sober I have to say I fully agree with you. I was out of order and should not have posted what I did. I thought about deleting the post but then thought it might be as well to leave it as a reminder of why not to post when drunk.

Bit of embassament for Blair and the Scottish parliament coming to surface.

Seems that the clown Khadaffi issued some sort of threats if the bomber was not released and Blair knuckled under. Also, suspicions about a visit by Blair to Libya in 2007. Some sort of deal on oil drilling rights in exchange for the bomber's release? Didn't matter much anyway did it? Nearly all those on the Pan Am were Americans anyway. Sad

When politicians whore around they really do so in a big way.

Seems that the clown Khadaffi issued some sort of threats if the bomber was not released and Blair knuckled under. Also, suspicions about a visit by Blair to Libya in 2007. Some sort of deal on oil drilling rights in exchange for the bomber's release? Didn't matter much anyway did it? Nearly all those on the Pan Am were Americans anyway. Sad

When politicians whore around they really do so in a big way.

Well, it was either that or allow the second appeal to go ahead and for the gross miscarriage of justice to be thrown out and for al Megrahi to walk free from the court an innocent man.

As the US ambassador acknowledged, Britain was "between a rock and a hard place".

Glad you found the leak useful, and in the public interest Harleyman.

Having read my post while sober I have to say I fully agree with you. I was out of order and should not have posted what I did. I thought about deleting the post but then thought it might be as well to leave it as a reminder of why not to post when drunk.

I was surprised tbh, you're usually a good deal more forensic.

Archived