Wikileaks under dos attack

What amazes me is that none of the forum conspiracy lovers have found anything that "proves" 9/11 was an inside job - surely some coded messages in there :cool:

Assange redacted all mention of the inside job, as he's in on it too

It's said that around 600 people have access to highly sensitive classified information.

To the memoranda specifically, I think it was something like 2,000,000 people.

This is all part of a program on information sharing even down to army private Manning. But the fact that he could sit there and download a lot of this stuff without alarm bells going off somewhere else just shows what a crap system it was.

Yep

I dont know if Assange sees himself as the Great Enlightener or in the very possible event of doing a lot of time in a Swedish prison or life in Leavenworth as some kind of Truth Martyr

Assange, in all likelihood, isn't guilty of the Swedish charges. They came hot on the heels of the first round of confidential releases (The Iraq War Papers). Then things calmed down. The rape charge was quietly dropped. Now? He's raped the Queen and molested hundreds of innocent moose. Well, you'd think so given the way the Swedish authorities have suddenly remembered they were "after" him.

The US is in the process of stepping on wikileaks. It may die, Assange may end up in a Lebanese dungeon, Manning may commit suicide a few years into his 50+ year prison sentence. But it's all too little too late. Even if wikileaks goes, people get the idea, and they like it.

A former wikileaks director dissatisfied with Assange's somewhat messianic demeanor has already moved to open a similar, less secretive facility here in Europe.

I understand Mr Assange has been offered safe haven in Ecuador of all places.

I like the compromise theory:

a) Rumsfeld (not Cheney) used low frequency x-rays to detonate the steel in the beams crippling and bringing down the south tower, and used a jet fighter and hologram projector to make people think it was an airliner.

b)in an unrelated and completely coincidental attack by suicidal terrorists, an airliner was commandeered and deliberately piloted into a collision with the north tower shortly after the south tower had been set ablaze by Rumsfeld.

Assange redacted all mention of the inside job, as he's in on it too

To the memoranda specifically, I think it was something like 2,000,000 people.

Yep

Assange, in all likelihood, isn't guilty of the Swedish charges. They came hot on the heels of the first round of confidential releases (The Iraq War Papers). Then things calmed down. The rape charge was quietly dropped. Now? He's raped the Queen and molested hundreds of innocent moose. Well, you'd think so given the way the Swedish authorities have suddenly remembered they were "after" him.

The US is in the process of stepping on wikileaks. It may die, Assange may end up in a Lebanese dungeon, Manning may commit suicide a few years into his 50+ year prison sentence. But it's all too little too late. Even if wikileaks goes, people get the idea, and they like it.

A former wikileaks director dissatisfied with Assange's somewhat messianic demeanor has already moved to open a similar, less secretive facility here in Europe.

I understand Mr Assange has been offered safe haven in Ecuador of all places.

You cant blame the American government for wanting to step all over Assange. If the same had happened to Britain, France or Germany the reaction would have been exactly the same. I'm sure all three countries also have their diplomatic secrets.

Assange knew what he was doing when he decided to embark on this course of action. Now he'll just have to face up to the consequences and take what's coming

If people like the idea of every government's secrets being openly revealed they might be a little premature in their enthusiasm. The reprecussions and fall out remain to be seen and they might not be pleasant.

All he has to do, if things get hairy, is post a torrent to the information. After that, it's gone, it's out there and nothing can get it back.

Maybe that's the reason for posting the "insurance" file a couple of months ago (all he needs do is release the key).

You cant blame the American government for wanting to step all over Assange. If the same had happened to Britain, France or Germany the reaction would have been exactly the same. I'm sure all three countries also have their diplomatic secrets.

Assange knew what he was doing when he decided to embark on this course of action. Now he'll just have to face up to the consequences and take what's coming

If people like the idea of every government's secrets being openly revealed they might be a little premature in their enthusiasm. The reprecussions and fall out remain to be seen and they might not be pleasant.

I don't blame the American Government one bit. You can be sure that all other countries are urgently reviewing their computer security, without realising that it's really a contradiction in terms.

The fallout from this will be far ranging, considering how much panic has been caused by a few selected releases from a vast database of communications.

We've always known our goverments lie to us. These kind of disclosures reveal precisely the magnitude and venality of the lies.

The truth will out, as they say.

I don't blame the American Government one bit. You can be sure that all other countries are urgently reviewing their computer security, without realising that it's really a contradiction in terms.

The fallout from this will be far ranging, considering how much panic has been caused by a few selected releases from a vast database of communications.

We've always known our goverments lie to us. These kind of disclosures reveal precisely the magnitude and venality of the lies.

The truth will out, as they say.

They can't do anything about the security... LOL

There's too many technophobes to ensure any protocols implemented would be of any use, then there's the simple human element. (EDIT) Oh, sheer laziness and complacency!

Some great reading here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=kevin+mitnick&x=0&y=0&sprefix=kevin+mitnick

Seems the US has banned government employees, uni students and so on from reading anything related to this as they are classified documents.

I'll go with that being 'stupid instruction of the year'.

Don't the idiots realise you can't block the story?

Wikileaks have released the full archive of 250,000 telegrams onto the bit torrent network. It's an insurance policy, as the 1.3GB archive is AES-256 encrypted with a passkey, which will be issued if anything bad happens.

This was the Assange's thermonuclear option.

Anyone got a fast computer?

Wikileaks have released the full archive of 250,000 telegrams onto the bit torrent network. It's an insurance policy, as the 1.3GB archive is AES-256 encrypted with a passkey, which will be issued if anything bad happens.

This was the Assange's thermonuclear option.

Anyone got a fast computer?

What to break the American Encryption Standard (I know! But it's what I always call it!) (AES) algorithm?

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/07/new_attack_on_a.html

Good ol' Brucy baby, subscribe to his newsletter here.

See my post above;).

I downloaded it many weeks ago (when he first put it online).

Archived