Wikileaks under dos attack

Wasn't the compromise the incompetence of the US Army to open these documents to over 1 million people? The documents are being published in the USA by the New York Times, if they were that dangerous couldn't this be stopped?

Ultimately they never should have gotten into the public domain, or into the hands of someone/group of people in a position to make them public.

The security of info will obviously be put under increased scrutiny, and rightly so.

But the leaks have all originatedfrom wikileaks - that's where everyone else is getting it from IIRC.

Fair enough, make public stuff which is going to embarass the suits and public figures and those seemingly pulling the strings - in an effort to illustrate your frustration at the deficiencies of the system. But this latest one, despite the seemingly inocuous nature of some of the 'targets', is potential dangerous.

Who knows what else he's got up his sleeve... I'm as interested as everyone to see what they are but if it could put people in danger, I'd rather not know.

Wasn't the compromise the incompetence of the US Army to open these documents to over 1 million people? The documents are being published in the USA by the New York Times, if they were that dangerous couldn't this be stopped?

It was called "information sharing" What beats me is how a lowly army private managed to download so much of this stuff without an alarm bell going off higher up. Yes, that was stupidity also.

But there are many on here who seem to be gloating at the humiliation of the US, posting mindless comments without thinking of the consequences which may affect all of us.

True, much of it could possibly classified in the mundane category but it's certain that much more of it is/was highly classified material which will only serve to help countries with anti-western agendas

It was called "information sharing" What beats me is how a lowly army private managed to download so much of this stuff without an alarm bell going off higher up. Yes, that was stupidity also.

But there are many on here who seem to be gloating at the humiliation of the US, posting mindless comments without thinking of the consequences which may affect all of us.

True, much of it could possibly classified in the mundane category but it's certain that much more of it is/was highly classified material which will only serve to help countries with anti-western agendas

Agreed. It's pretty short sighted, who knows how the repercussions will maifest themselves and over how long.

I hope one in the short term is Assange is extrdited to Sweden to answer some questions to the authorities over there!

It can be called what it wants to be, but the truth is that it was it was an incompetence on a grand scale. One things for sure, if this information was as easy to get hold as we are led to believe, then America's enemies would have easily managed to get their hands on it.

It can be called what it wants to be, but the truth is that it was it was an incompetence on a grand scale. One things for sure, if this information was as easy to get hold as we are led to believe, then America's enemies would have easily managed to get their hands on it.

It was the human trust element!

Just like the Russian spy stuff at the moment!

More checks should be done to test the integrity, loyalty and intelligence of staff from now on.

Agreed. It's pretty short sighted, who knows how the repercussions will maifest themselves and over how long.

I hope one in the short term is Assange is extrdited to Sweden to answer some questions to the authorities over there!

I can think of one repercussion already. The revelation that the Saudis were urging the US to attack Iran. This will only heighten tensions in the middle east and serve to justify Iran's ambition to arm themselves with nuclear weapons to defend themselves against "hostile neighboring Arab countries as well as Israel"

I can think of one repercussion already. The revelation that the Saudis were urging the US to attack Iran. This will only heighten tensions in the middle east and serve to justify Iran's ambition to arm themselves with nuclear weapons to defend themselves against "hostile neighboring Arab countries as well as Israel"

It's hardly ground breaking news though isn't it that a Shia state doesn't like a Sunni state, or that Arabs do not like Persians?

It was the human trust element!

Just like the Russian spy stuff at the moment!

More checks should be done to test the integrity, loyalty and intelligence of staff from now on.

You would think that someone like Manning who joined the army would have a high degree of loyalty to his country.

From his photo he looks like a wet litte twerp anyway. Fifty years in Leavenworth will give him plenty of time to reflect on his fleeting moment of fame

Archived