U.S. opinion of Gordon Brown: "Weak and Unstable"

Erm, both Bush's, Regan and Obama.

Rubbish! What's your definition of a <REMOVED>? In my book it's a procrastinating spinless type of politician. Bush may go down in history as something less than a wise president but he was cerainly no jerk off. Neither was Reagan. He gave Communist Russia the final bullet. As for Obama he's made no blunders in foreign policy to date and in fact according to the Wikky leaks showed restraint in not attacking Iran as some middle eastern leaders urged him to do.

It is myth that Regan won the cold war.

He nickeled and dimed the Soviets to death with his "Star Wars" program which they swallowed hook, line and sinker. The Soviets were about to collapse anyway but Reagan speeded it up and Thatcher deserves credit for this also. They also deserve credit for opening up a new era of understanding with the Russians through dialogue with Gorbachev

Rubbish! What's your definition of a jerk off? In my book it's a procrastinating spinless type of politician. Bush may go down in history as something less than a wise president but he was cerainly no <REMOVED>. Neither was Reagan. He gave Communist Russia the final bullet. As for Obama he's made no blunders in foreign policy to date and in fact according to the Wikky leaks showed restraint in not attacking Iran as some middle eastern leaders urged him to do.

Absolute <REMOVED> with regards to Regan. Regan was not as instrumental in the ending of the cold war as you are lead to believe. In fact, he probably prolonged it with his foreign policy etc.

Bush junior... well, what can we say about him. A puppet placed there by those with vested interests.

Won't say too much about your current chief, but he has a lot to answer for, for his handling of the oil spill.

As for definition of <REMOVED>... it's an americanism which we don't use here.

Absolute <REMOVED> with regards to Regan. Regan was not as instrumental in the ending of the cold war as you are lead to believe. In fact, he probably prolonged it with his foreign policy etc.

Bush junior... well, what can we say about him. A puppet placed there by those with vested interests.

Won't say too much about your current chief, but he has a lot to answer for, for his handling of the oil spill.

As for definition of <REMOVED>... it's an americanism which we don't use here.

Then let me substitute <REMOVED> for <REMOVED>. You tell me exactly why Reagan prolonged the cold war. As for Obama's handling of the oil spill the only thing I remember about his part in it is that he expressed words of frustration over the BP CEO's seeming lack of capability in getting the leak capped

He nickeled and dimed the Soviets to death with his "Star Wars" program which they swallowed hook, line and sinker. The Soviets were about to collapse anyway but Reagan speeded it up and Thatcher deserves credit for this also. They also deserve credit for opening up a new era of understanding with the Russians through dialogue with Gorbachev

I am a firm believer that it was Gorbachev who should take the credit for the ending of the cold war.

As for Regan, like I said before, he prolonged the cold war and your comments above go along way in justifying my argument.

As for Obama's handling of the oil spill the only thing I remember about his part in it is that he expressed words of frustration over the BP CEO's seeming lack of capability in getting the leak capped

Obama's behaviour during the Gulf spill was utterly deplorable, especially since it looks like it was the 'Merkin firms that are to blame.

The Berlin wall wasn't pushed over though, it just fell down through lack of maintenance.

To add: Nixon, Eisenhower, Ford.

Are there any left that didn't have a club foot?

None of the UK PMs since Harold MacMiIllan were worth a damn either. Thatcher aside of course.

They were a mixture of everything from closet Communists to grouse hunting aristocrats

Archived