Is this Gobbledegook?

When the women's retirement age goes up to 70 and the blokes to 85, they won't have to reprint the document.

Except as a large print version:)

The pension age for women is currently in the throes of going up from 60 to 65; what this is saying, in a fairly opaque manner, is that whatever the pension age turns out to be for a woman who shares your date of birth, that is the age at which you can claim it.

(I don't keep track of exactly when it's going up and who is affected, so I can't give further details.)

If you are a woman born in or before 1950 you can get your pension at 60, if you were born in 1951 you have to wait until you're 61 and so on up to 1955 when pension age will be 65 the same as men. The only way I can see that men would get it earlier is early retirement (and that would depend who you work for) or if your wife was the breadwinner and claimed for you when she retired at 60

What a strange question for someone who spends so much time in "Sheffield Football"

I think you need to change that statement to Sheffield Forum pal, it's nothing like it used to be with all the banned users who come back in different names, and that goes for every section on here just about....

I think you need to change that statement to Sheffield Forum pal, it's nothing like it used to be with all the banned users who come back in different names, and that goes for every section on here just about....

You've got a point. We do seem rather blessed with comeback merchants at the moment.

Incidentally, I missed the smiley from the end of my previous post. Here it is: :D

Archived