Women, what are you doing to get lung cancer?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5glor21ZRhPRUXrKK9lb-1qzLLdyQ?docId=N0320771290955577738A

Rates of lung cancer in women have soared in a sign that efforts to persuade them to quit smoking have failed, new research has revealed.

Yet you have been smoking less and less for the past 30 years;

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=866

Doesn't quite add up to me, so I were wondering...

Rates of lung cancer in women have soared in a sign that efforts to persuade them to quit smoking have failed, new research has revealed

Rates of lung cancer in women have soared in a sign that efforts to persuade them to quit smoking have failed, new research has revealed.

Yet you have been smoking less and less for the past 30 years

Thank you, dear chem1st, for bringing attention to this topic, I was considering starting one on similar lines, but being the sexist pig I am, my provocative wording would have ensured a speedy death.

Tell me, where on Earth did you get the information that less women are smoking?

I see completely the opposite. I see more smoking than ever before! Walking round town at lunchtime, well over 50% of the smokers I see are women.

And while many of them are scruffy things, some of them are actually quite hot, yet go out of their way to ruin the effect by puffing on a nasty fag.

Why?

Why do some pretty girls feel the need to ruin themselves in this way?

Do you girls know how much it upsets and disgusts me to see you behave in such a manner?

There can be nobody under 40 years old who is unaware of the health risks of smoking, yet the numer of girls I see with a cigarette really doesn't inspire confidence in the general intelligence of women...

And don't get me started on those horrific witches who I see dragging a little baby round town in one hand while puffing away on a ciggy in the other :rant:

Well, men have to walk around outside to smoke, as well, and yet I have noticed for a few years now that I see more women smoking than men. Very young girls, as well, walking home from school, smoking. It's alarming that it's so out of control. The age limits on the sale of cigarettes do no good. I know a mother who buys them for her young son because he told her, "If you don't get them for me, I know someone else who will." This is just pathetic!

Some pretty little things (and one great big thing) were taking refuge in the rain while smoking and I asked them why it was always women who smoked. Their answers were:

1) Because women work harder than men.

2) To combat the stress of working with men.

So, I'll give them a few points for humour

x

When I was a smoker I heard a theory that women were much more likely to go for the 'light' versions of brands as an attempt to limit the harm. But what happened was that they then tended to inhale extra hard on them to get the equivalent nicotine hit, thus drawing more of the other chemicals and crap into their lungs than they would otherwise have done. I've no idea what the scientific validity of that suggestion is, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I read the OP.

Well, men have to walk around outside to smoke, as well, and yet I have noticed for a few years now that I see more women smoking than men. Very young girls, as well, walking home from school, smoking. It's alarming that it's so out of control. The age limits on the sale of cigarettes do no good. I know a mother who buys them for her young son because he told her, "If you don't get them for me, I know someone else who will." This is just pathetic!

Well, the Con-Dems have got a brilliant new idea now - just change the colour of the packets to dull colours and the kids won't like the colour so they'll stop buying them.

Easy-peasy to solve every problem when you've got the combined brain power of the Conservatives & the Lib-Dems together.

Well, the Con-Dems have got a brilliant new idea now - just change the colour of the packets to dull colours and the kids won't like the colour so they'll stop buying them.

Easy-peasy to solve every problem when you've got the combined brain power of the Conservatives & the Lib-Dems together.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived