I think someones outside my house (29/11/2010 ~ 2am)

norks

I know this is going to sound crazy but i think someone is creeping about outside my house, i can hear all kinds of strange noises and am feeling a little freaked out :(

Don't want to bother the police so what should i do?

Well when I was crawling around it on my hands and knees last night, I didn't spot anything suspicious at all. :rolleyes:

Is this thread for real? The OP is a female, its the middle of the night and there could be someone outside, and they ask a forum for advice?

Ring 999 its what they're for. I'd rather be an embarrassed fool that an aggravated burglar victim, or worse.

I sometimes wonder how some people deal with their day to day lives sometimes.

I know this is going to sound crazy but i think someone is creeping about outside my house, i can hear all kinds of strange noises and am feeling a little freaked out :(

Don't want to bother the police so what should i do?

Norks I believe from your past posts you live in Beighton.

There are certain lurkers around there nicking scrap or anything thats not nailed down at night.

If you are really concerned PM me and I will have a word with some of the locals to keep an eye out for you around your property.

In general the Beighton people are the salt of the earth and would be only to happy to help.

For the attention of certain posters who think it's a joke for a woman to be scared in her own house.

It isn't, grow up.

For the attention of certain posters who think it's a joke for a woman to be scared in her own house.

It isn't, grow up.

Perhaps the only thing they think is a joke is the way the OP has dealt with a prowler.

Or I am missing something? Is there now a SF night patrol vigilante squad who can be summoned?

I would have felt alot safer with two dogs the size of those hun. I don't know about your past or what others have mentioned but people need to understand its frightening for alot of people out there who are on their own indoors especially with the rise in crime recently. I suffer a phobia of being left on my own at night in my house, my mind starts to play tricks on me and I get my self so worked up I think someone's in the house and end up panicking. If i was to phone the police every time I was left on my own I think i'd get told off to be honest. Sometimes people arent sure whether it is a prowler or whether it is just a fox or a stray cat and don't want to distract the police from going to do something that's really urgent.

Lay off her a bit and give her some useful advice instead of jumping down her throat.

And Norks, next time my im on my own in my house i want to borrow your dogs lol i dont think my cats are very scary.

Then please enlighten us.

I can't imagine the police would be very busy at 2.10 on a Monday morning to not divert a car round to have a look.

However if she had phoned the police, there would have been many more people slating her for wasting police time.

Can't win really :huh:

I sincerely doubt that. Its the right thing to do and only an idiot would criticise a loan woman for doing so.

In any case, why would she have started a thread about it? Its a personal thing and nothing to do with this forum - If she wants to share such information, use Facebook.

Unless of course the police did find evidence of someone prowling, then a warning thread would be a useful idea.

Archived