Stockton-on-Tees - Trickett family - connection in Sheffield?

Futurepath

If anyone can help or knows of a good place to post I'm trying to do a family search. Here's a copy of the letter I've been using:

I'm currently trying to find long lost family. Just trying to see if you might be of any relation. Here is information of my family history. If this is your family I hope to speak with you further. The following information is verified family. We just don't know if there are any decedents living.

I'm not sure if you can help but I have found my family record and this has been proven fact. The Stockton-on-Tees Library assisted me in my search. So you know, my great-grandmother was Susan Tricket (married name was Truman). Here is a copy of the e-mail they sent me:

"Hello David,

We have found only one record of a John Henry Trueman born in the December Quarter of 1896 in Stockton . No trace of a baptism was found in our church records.

John Henry appears on a NY Passenger List in 1922 and his father is listed as J. H. Truman living at 22 Ida Street , Stockton-on-Tees .

There is only one family recorded on the 1901 and 1891 Census in the Stockton area they are possibly the one you are seeking.

If this is the John Henry you are looking for then the family appear on the 1901 census living at 12 Ida Street Stockton-on-Tees . John Henry is four years old and living with his father John, mother Susan, brothers John, Harry, Arthur, sister Elizabeth and a Joseph Truman John Henrys’ grandfather.

In the 1891 Census the same family were living at 7 Craister Street Norton in Stockton Parish. John, and wife Susan, sons, John W., Harry, & Arthur, sisters Elizabeth and Ada and Elizabeth Trickett mother in law are listed.

A marriage between a John Truman and a Susan Trickett was recorded in the December Quarter 1879 in West Bromwich Birmingham . As Jack believes his grandmothers name was Susan there is a strong possibility that this is John Henry’s parents marriage.

No trace of any marriage for a John Henry has been found in our records.

I have attached two images of the 1901 Census and the 1891 Census."

After speaking to my (living) grandfather, we were able to confirm this information. My great-grandfather, John Henry, did come to the U.S. in 1922, New York bound. John Henry's parents, John and Susan (married 1879), were married in Birmingham and lived in Stockton-on-Tees as soon as 1891.

John Henry (my great-grandfather) and his 3 brothers (John W., Arthur, Harry, Elizabeth and Ada) are verified family. My great-great grandfather and grandmother were John Henry and Susan Truman. Her maiden name was Trickett. The reason I have contacted you is because you live in the city they were married.

I'm just curious if there's any relation between you and us here in the states. Just to find out if there's any extended family would complete our search for lost family. It would put us at peace to find lost family.

Have a wonderful day.

Dave Roberts

I wish you luck with this search, but I'm not sure what brought you to Sheffield forum, since the two places mentioned in this are Stockton-on-Tees and Birmingham. (Have you been wrongly directed here in a search for a Stockton or a Birmingham forum?)

I'll report this thread to the moderators since I don't think entertainment is the right place for it, but I'm not sure what is.

Thank you for the information.

There's a post by a person on these forums who goes by BILDEBORG who mentioned he has Trickett family that died in Great Sheffield Flood and had Trickett family from Norton, Stockton-on-Tees. Some of those names he mentions rings a bell. Hoping he responds. I tried to PM him but received a message his PM box is full. I was only searching Truman's when I thought it might be good to look at the Trickett's since my great-grandmother might have had brothers, sisters, hence some decedents. There's about 3 sets of Truman family's around England including mine. Facebook has been helpful in marking off some names.

This has been pretty exhausting.

My wife and I might be flying over this spring. I was hoping Stockton-on-Tees had an airport to fly directly into from the states but it looks like Sheffield is the closest. Definitely have no desire to fly into London and have to drive north to Stockton for 4.5 hours. Not to mention I've never driven on the left side of the road (although I am left-handed. ;-) Plus, the time we plan to fly over is around the same time Prince William is getting married. Can't even imagine how chaotic London will be.

Archived