Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

can some1 tell me are recorded deliveries backlogged ( i know all post is) but i dont know why, ive got in my head they kinda have priority, with my past expreince ive recieved recorded deliv parcels within 24 hours.

got a very important package coming..

im not too fussed if its here for crimbo.

just scared if it gets lost cus i paid alot of money for it..

i think people should stop being negative about royal mail..

they work there butts off.. and i have had some lovely postmen and women all smiley and well mannered considering they must be meggaa stressed with the backlog.. Big thumbs up for the work being done!!

can some1 tell me are recorded deliveries backlogged ( i know all post is) but i dont know why, ive got in my head they kinda have priority, with my past expreince ive recieved recorded deliv parcels within 24 hours.

got a very important package coming..

im not too fussed if its here for crimbo.

just scared if it gets lost cus i paid alot of money for it..

i think people should stop being negative about royal mail..

they work there butts off.. and i have had some lovely postmen and women all smiley and well mannered considering they must be meggaa stressed with the backlog.. Big thumbs up for the work being done!!

Recorded deliveries are not priority,you may be thinking of special delivery items.

heard yesterday in post office they won't even guarentee special next day delivery will get there next day Emskies so it could be anywhere.

I think royal mail are going to be VERY out of pocket in january with people claiming for lost parcels.

listen up royal mail manager's......... there are MILLIONS of items of post backlogged. There are MILLIONS of lazy layabouts scrounging benefits off the government and equally lots of decent hard working people who cannot get a job. Tis hardly rocket science to sort a letter or put it thro a door so why not put your hand in your pocket, get some staff in the building (on a 24 hour day rota if need be) and get it sorted. It will ONLY GET WORSE.

What I object to is the fact I HAD to post christmas presents as I was not walking the 200+ miles to get it to peoples houses at the other end of the country. I had to pay FULL PRICE for this 'service' - if yu can't deliver the service you are paid to do why whould we pay you the same cash to do it???

Now we had a few fresh flakes posties will be back in the office keeping warm. So expect bigger delays and xmas post around the spring melt in March.

Pathetic post.

I was freezing my knackers off today and my hands were numb because i'd forgotten my gloves.I couldn't even hold the pen to write cards out for people that weren't in, I went around in the car when i'd finished and dropped them off.

In the office keeping warm, I wish.

It wasn't our choice not to deliver when it snowed - it's a H&S issue and if we're told we can't go out then that's that. There's also the point os transport - how are posties supposed to get to deliveries with no buses running?

I think it's great all this backlog....got a card through on Saturday, went in Tuesday to collect and apparently it's still not back, thought I'd try again today and again, it's still not back, I'm sure it says 72 hrs not 72 days....This is also the Central office on Pond street that apparently isn't having any problems?

The parcel will go back through the Mail Centre, so any delay will be there and not at Pond St.

I will say one thing though - why oh why don't you (and everyone who orders regularly) make arrangements to have parcels left at a neighbours or in a safe place? I have been sending over half my parcels back because people aren't in, even for Special Delivery items that they have paid a lot extra to have delivered next day!

I have loads of stuff delivered, we're both at work so we have everything left in a safe place. All my parcels have arrived btw, delivered from Pit Lane office (S12/13)

Edited by Rob_1

I delivered some special deliveries today,they were not guaranteed to be delivered before one pm as they would be normally due to the amount of mail to be delivered at this time of year. The items were posted yesterday and are given priority over all the other mail and packets/parcels.