Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Makes you wonder how we managed in 81 or the severe winters at the end of 70's.

Not our fault your organisation is a disorganised mess we're the customers and it's up to you lot to provide us with a service and sort it out.

Apparently 20 customers on the bounce had lost parcels at the Woodseats post office. No wonder some got annoyed.

DHL managed to deliver after a slight delay beating the post service s8 by quite few days.

20 parcels have not been lost,they have been delayed.

No wonder some(RM staff) get annoyed.

yep at least 150 cages are outside brightside lane full of amazon and play.com under a huge sheet to protect them from the weather,its a scandal, and its all down to royal mail "managers" trying to save a few quid, which will in turn cost royal mail millions in compo and lose big contracts such as amazon, play, asda etc, im sickened by these managers atittude!

I heard yesterday that a letter I sent " 1st class" 16 days earlier to a local sddress had been received.

To op's who say RM is doing a wonderful job under "intense pressure" etc when it has been virtually closed down due to dubious elf n' safety, I say "get real".

Same here my hands were froze with gloves on,Pen wouldn't write on cards because it was snowing like mad.

A few flurries ?

Finally got warm at home at 3pm from 6am.

Can't wait for saturday when it comes again (the snow) and we are getting everybody out of their nice warm beds waiting for them to eventually find the keys (after trying the door first?)

Yep lazy. easy life we've got.

Hang on a sec...are you complaining about being out 9 hours?

Makes you wonder how we managed in 81 or the severe winters at the end of 70's.

Not our fault your organisation is a disorganised mess we're the customers and it's up to you lot to provide us with a service and sort it out.

Things were very different then. Staff were in abundance to handle this sort of issue. Now everything is run with the bare minimum of personnel (as in most businesses).

i heard a whisper that there are 2 million items at the sheffield mail centre awaiting delivery. to give you some idea of that volume, our office usually gets about 50,000 items on a BAD day! just a warning.

Last I heard there were stockpiles still in Leeds as well :-(

can some1 tell me are recorded deliveries backlogged ( i know all post is) but i dont know why, ive got in my head they kinda have priority, with my past expreince ive recieved recorded deliv parcels within 24 hours.

got a very important package coming..

im not too fussed if its here for crimbo.

just scared if it gets lost cus i paid alot of money for it..

i think people should stop being negative about royal mail..

they work there butts off.. and i have had some lovely postmen and women all smiley and well mannered considering they must be meggaa stressed with the backlog.. Big thumbs up for the work being done!!

Yes, recorded deliveries are backlogged and have no priority - they are just standard post items that require a signature at point of delivery, as proof they have been received.