Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I'm not criticising post people who do generally good work. This is a management issue.

It's RM organisation which is at fault.

In the bad winter of 1979, we had normal deliveries as far as I recall, although the snow was far worse than anything seen so far this winter.

This year, local deliveries and collections were suspended for 9 days, apparently due to elf n' safety.

However, private companies ( TNT etc) still managed to make deliveries, so why can't Royal Mail?

Collections were suspended for 1 day, the Wednesday.

Letters only here no delivery of parcels unless it's gone by UPS or DHL which says a lot about the pathetic service offered by the post office.

Pretty bad when you have to say to people and companies don't use royal mail.

UPS have a massive baclkog of packets at the Sheffield depots.

Oh the irony that the sponsored link on this thread when lurking is:

Royal Mail Parcel Courier Urgent Parcel? Guaranteed Sameday & Next Day Delivery services

tbh I'm just a bit fed up now, no parcels coming to my house despite me patiently waiting since November. :(

Things were very different then. Staff were in abundance to handle this sort of issue. Now everything is run with the bare minimum of personnel (as in most businesses).

They used to set on students for part time work too, but then again it would be too strenuous work for the students of today.