Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I'm waiting for a parcel from Amazon which was ordered 2nd December. It took 2 weeks to get from Scotland to Sheffield per the online tracking. It has been shown as out for delivery from Sheffield South office for 2 days from 15th to 16th but has never arrived and i've not had a card through the door to say they have tried to deliver. So where is it??

I'm waiting for a parcel from Amazon which was ordered 2nd December. It took 2 weeks to get from Scotland to Sheffield per the online tracking. It has been shown as out for delivery from Sheffield South office for 2 days from 15th to 16th but has never arrived and i've not had a card through the door to say they have tried to deliver. So where is it??

Does out for delivery mean its actually left the delivery office, or just that its sorted and ready to go out?

still at south D O!

Doing a grand job. Hate to be the one wading thru all that extra post and the backlog... Still waiting for a courier parcel that Ideal World assure me went to them 29th Nov and there's been no attempt to deliver. If I can be confident it WILL turn up and won't have been kicked round the depot like the last thing I was daft enough to order, I can cope with the wait.

But As Rollo might say, 'i got a bad feelin' about dis' now...

royal mail at brightside lane has got thousands of amazon, play etc all stood outside the building getting wet for the last 2 weeks, they are concentrating on sorting mail thats come in over the last week, rather then the backlog, i suggest you claim for your items if you receive them or not, the postman who work in this building are all as mad about it as customers are as the managers dont want to be bothered with it, ive just worked 2 weeks as a casual here and its pathetic to see the people in charge who are clueless and not very bright,it seems royal mail is the old boy's network of employing blue eyed boys as managers rather then having the actual skills for it.