Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

My friend has just been to the depot on Woodseats Road having finally had her 3-4 packages brought to her house (she wasn't in when they tried to deliver). She has been told that there is a big backlog of parcels and letters but letters are taking twice as long as parcels to sort and deliver? Not sure why that is but anyway, she has spent a while politely explaining to them that she has 3-4 boxed packages that would never in a million years constitute as letters!

Also, whilst I am sure many hardworking, equally frustrated workers are employed at such depots, she did say that the lad on the front desk that took her card didn't look like he could spell his own name. How frustrating to know that your parcels are in that room but 'cannot be located' bascially cos the management have just got everyone to pile it all up down one end I imagine.

Kudos to the hard working and mostly competent Depot staff and postman

Masses of New-Year criticism heading the way of the Royal Mail bosses though.

Finally got a parcel Ive been waiting for since end of November. Its my daughters fur coat to wear to Peter Andre concert tonight so came just in the nick of time! Still waiting for 3 more parcels but it gives hope that they are atleast somewhere in the system!:)

Spoke to a Postman a couple of hours ago in Hillsborough

He said they would be out again on Sunday delivering Packages.

Could REALLY do with them doing this at Lane Top tomorrow! I'm still missing the two from Amazon I'm waiting for, and they didn't turn up today. Still, got me fingers crossed they'll turn up before Xmas.

Many thanks to the hard-working posties out there doing their best for us. It's well icy out there today. :)