Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

My husbands been going to the Pond Street Depot for a parcel everyday for the last week for a parcel that was delivered when we werent in. You have to give them 72 hours for your parcel to get back to the depot, then you go down with a card that they post through your letterbox to collect it. Sounds fairly straight forward you'd think......no....my husbands been told the parcels not back yet, it might have been transferred to a depot in Leeds (?????) and that if the parcel is ever delivered, if its broken, theyre no liable and its a waste of time calling at the depots every day (the parcels will arrive as soon as possible, but no one has any idea when).

Im suprised that theres not been some major trouble at the Pond Street Depot, one of the times when my hubby was there, a man was fuming, shouting and swearing at the staff there because he was waiting for loads of on line shopping arriving for his kids, and was threatening allsorts.

Just adds to the stress of Christmas :(

My husbands been going to the Pond Street Depot for a parcel everyday for the last week for a parcel that was delivered when we werent in. You have to give them 72 hours for your parcel to get back to the depot, then you go down with a card that they post through your letterbox to collect it. Sounds fairly straight forward you'd think......no....my husbands been told the parcels not back yet, it might have been transferred to a depot in Leeds (?????) and that if the parcel is ever delivered, if its broken, theyre no liable and its a waste of time calling at the depots every day (the parcels will arrive as soon as possible, but no one has any idea when).

Im suprised that theres not been some major trouble at the Pond Street Depot, one of the times when my hubby was there, a man was fuming, shouting and swearing at the staff there because he was waiting for loads of on line shopping arriving for his kids, and was threatening allsorts.

Just adds to the stress of Christmas :(

What can the staff who work in the locker at Pond St do about parcels that haven't arrived back? It's a completely thankless job, and i'm glad it's not me in there because i'd end up getting sacked for retaliating to abusive customers.

For anyone in S2 + 14 waiting for items to be delivered from Pond Street there is no parcel backlog there at all now (and has been no mail backlog at all for over a week).

Staff were working all weekend including Saturday night, and we are delivering everything that comes through each day now. I'm assuming S1/3/4 is the same though I haven't been through to look.

Obviously if anything is held up further back in the system due to the weather etc then there's nothing we can do about that, we can only deliver what we get.

Thanks both of you :)

Encouraging to read you've received 2 parcels Leah ordered around the same time as mine. I dont understand why 2 of mine have got here and 3 havent. My son thinks they'll get here eventually, he says give them till new year!!! :confused: Maybe I'll take a bus up to the depot on wednesday, see how it goes....More snow is forecast and I dont want to hike up there to find queues, I cant stand for very long.....

New2you.....HMV said the order would arrive in 2-5 days and usually they come very quickly....

Our post came a short while ago and the book my son ordered recently from Amazon was delivered along with a xmas card all the way from Bognor Regis...A card from family in Sheffield took 5 days with a 1st class stamp last week....You tell me whats going on?!!!!!!

there's no point in going to the delivery office unless you've got a sorry you were out card, they are not going to sift through all the parcels to find yours. it's the proverbial needle.

Is anyone getting large parcel deliveries other than at the weekend? There's just one I'm waiting for now, the only ones that have been delivered to me during the week have been smaller ones that the postie on foot brings. The larger ones seem to have been on Sundays.

Is anyone getting large parcel deliveries other than at the weekend? There's just one I'm waiting for now, the only ones that have been delivered to me during the week have been smaller ones that the postie on foot brings. The larger ones seem to have been on Sundays.

I got 2 small ones from the foot posty (as usual) and 2 very slightly bigger ones in the van, still waiting on larger ones (a kettle, shoes) that were sent on dec 2nd

Anyone know if there are any delays in Rotherham S62? Sent a parcel to someone for an Ebay purchase last Tuesday and still not arrived with them as far as I know!!!

Theres delays all over the country. some places are badly affected at this moment in time as mail is unable to travel through or get into certain areas.

I'm also still waiting for my play.com orders from 30/11. From tomorrow I can request a replacement or refund but it's too late for Christmas.

Same date as mine then. Sadly even if they send another one straightaway tomorrow, it's a Christmas present for somebody that isn't going to arrive for Christmas.