Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Most offices seem to have caught up with the delayed stuff they have. South (S7 / S8) seem to be struggling (there was an artic trailer full of stuff just for them yesterday at the Mail Centre).

Mail centre is deluged with incoming mail. Apparently both TNT and DHL have told Amazon they won't be able to handle the volumes (which are greater than they expected), so they have sent it ALL to RM.

My honest opinion? It will be a miracle if 50% of it is completed in time for christmas. If anyone drives past the Sheffield Mail Centre, look on the left of the building and under the canopy you will see the cages / cardboard pallets (would say around 100+) all stacked up waiting to be processed.

Edited by yorkiepudd
clarity

Snippets from todays Star!!!!

Royal Mail pledge to clear backlog before Christmas.

AN EXTRA 430 staff are being taken on by Royal Mail to clear the postal backlog in South Yorkshire - and pledged all letters, cards and parcels will be delivered in time for Christmas......However, thanks to the hard work of all our staff, our operation is getting back on track and all deliveries from Sheffield South Delivery Office went out as usual last week.......

Staff at South are trying hard, really hard (they have been working nights, even Sunday night, to sort the backlog) it is far from normal.

Full atricle here . . . .http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Royal-Mail-pledge-to-clear.6667075.jp

My wife's main Xmas present was despatched by Amazon on the 14th December last week with estimated delivery date of yesterday. Tracked the package and it's been sat in a Royal Mail depot somewhere in the South West since the 15th. I know they've had bad weather down there over the weekend, but my package was sat there for 3 days even before it hit.

It's addressed to me at work as well, which is going to be closed for a week over Christmas, so God knows what's going to happen to it or when she'll get it.