Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Well I'd just like to thank royal mail for prioritising the mail this year, and doing such a fantastic job of it. In such hard times when you have the pressure of Christmas fast approaching, an enormous back log and the thought of thousands (If not millions of children) up and down the country being dissapointed, I would just like to thank you all for doing such a wonderful job.

It's nice to know that in what can only be described as a military planned operation, that you have thousands of parcels (Oh I wonder what could be in them parcels, in December:huh:) that you have managed to put these aside and cover them up whilst clearing the letters and junk mail, obviously there is good reason for this, I mean think about the amount of space that these letters would take up in comparison to the space parcels take up, and then there's obviously the fact that everyone wants catalogues from Russums and Nisbets, letters from banks telling us they have changed their T&C's, letters from the council re: planning permission for a project that wont even be getting off the ground until late 2011 etc to open on Christmas morning, who on earth could possibly wants presents I ask you....

Well done Royal Mail.

Well I'd just like to thank royal mail for prioritising the mail this year, and doing such a fantastic job of it. In such hard times when you have the pressure of Christmas fast approaching, an enormous back log and the thought of thousands (If not millions of children) up and down the country being dissapointed, I would just like to thank you all for doing such a wonderful job.

It's nice to know that in what can only be described as a military planned operation, that you have thousands of parcels (Oh I wonder what could be in them parcels, in December:huh:) that you have managed to put these aside and cover them up whilst clearing the letters and junk mail, obviously there is good reason for this, I mean think about the amount of space that these letters would take up in comparison to the space parcels take up, and then there's obviously the fact that everyone wants catalogues from Russums and Nisbets, letters from banks telling us they have changed their T&C's, letters from the council re: planning permission for a project that wont even be getting off the ground until late 2011 etc to open on Christmas morning, who on earth could possibly wants presents I ask you....

Well done Royal Mail.

Totally agree.

All the evidence I have seen has been the RM staff working very hard to get things sorted.

got a conundram ,just been reimbursed for my parcels that was ordered middle of nov for non delivery,was slightly confused seen as though im typing this on the laptop that came with rest of orders on dec 7th :) they can wait till after christmas now :)

thankyou postie

Postman Prat strikes again. Left me a 'sorry you were out' card yesterday (all Christmassy as well). At least this time it had the correct date and time of attempted delivery on it. Unfortunately, what he didn't bother to write anywhere was what had happened to the parcel he couldn't get through the letterbox. He hadn't ticked any of the boxes to say whether it was with a neighbour, returned to the sorting office, would come back later, how long to leave before attempting to collect it ... :loopy:

It wasn't with either of my preferred choice of neighbours, one of whom would have been in as she is elderly and never goes out, so I could only assume I had to collect it. A tad optimistically I went to Pond Street this morning, pretty certain - and subsequently proven to be right - that it wouldn't be there and it wasn't. So it's 50/50 whether my husband's Christmas present will be available to collect tomorrow.