Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Postman Prat strikes again. Left me a 'sorry you were out' card yesterday (all Christmassy as well). At least this time it had the correct date and time of attempted delivery on it. Unfortunately, what he didn't bother to write anywhere was what had happened to the parcel he couldn't get through the letterbox. He hadn't ticked any of the boxes to say whether it was with a neighbour, returned to the sorting office, would come back later, how long to leave before attempting to collect it ... :loopy:

It wasn't with either of my preferred choice of neighbours, one of whom would have been in as she is elderly and never goes out, so I could only assume I had to collect it. A tad optimistically I went to Pond Street this morning, pretty certain - and subsequently proven to be right - that it wouldn't be there and it wasn't. So it's 50/50 whether my husband's Christmas present will be available to collect tomorrow.

If you haven't made an official request in writing to have your parcels left somewhere else then they shouldn't be.

And if you were that bothered about getting the parcel you ordered, then maybe you should have made alternative arranegments if you knew you weren't likely to be in.

Got a little remainder through that I'd missed a parcel. Just need to give them 72 hours to get it back into the office!

Sheffield South office needs a serious overhaul or investigation carrying out (and from what I can gather has needed one for a long long time) because for whatever the reason the service they are providing is beyond awful.

All cards at all times of the year should have 72hrs written on them, it's not specific to one office. It's to give the items more time to get back to the office and to reduce wasted journeys when people go to pickup items that aren't there. A lot of parcels are 2nd class/standard parcels or prepaid by other companies (DSA) and will be treated as such when sent back through the system so often won't be back in one day.

This actually WILL be improved when shared vans come in, as all parcels will be taken back to the office at the end of the delivery and be there ready to be collected.

I keep saying this but why don't you make alternative arrangements for your parcels to be left with a neighbour, or nominate a 'safe place' for them to be left in? Then you won't have any problems.

All cards at all times of the year should have 72hrs written on them, it's not specific to one office. It's to give the items more time to get back to the office and to reduce wasted journeys when people go to pickup items that aren't there. A lot of parcels are 2nd class/standard parcels or prepaid by other companies (DSA) and will be treated as such when sent back through the system so often won't be back in one day.

This actually WILL be improved when shared vans come in, as all parcels will be taken back to the office at the end of the delivery and be there ready to be collected.

I keep saying this but why don't you make alternative arrangements for your parcels to be left with a neighbour, or nominate a 'safe place' for them to be left in? Then you won't have any problems.

That is ridiculous, I've had things delivered from abroad quicker than I can pick them up here. 24 hours is long enough for anyone to sort out collection of parcels. 2nd class payment refers to the poster's preference not those receiving it.

• 4 years later...

hi I live on Gervase on S8

And I have not recieved no mail

For over a week now.....my foster family sent me christmas and birthday cards 1st class with vouchers in and they have not arrived is this just me or has everyone else had this happen to them today???