Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I think it might be worth mentioning here that if there has been mail got through to the delivery offices the managers (certainly at a depot I know of) tell their staff that if they do go out in this weather delivering, that it's their choice and at their own risk..... Basically saying "if you fall over and break a leg we will have nothing to do with it as it was your choice to go out....."

How many are going to risk an injury if their employers are going to leave them high and dry should the worst happen?? Would you?

Sound's like the sort of thing the 2 evil ladys of s5 office would say

I live in S6 and nothing for 4 days! Our post is crap anyway

Cos they wont pay for a regular postman!

Glad you remarked on that because I live in S6 and was wondering what had happened to the post. We havent had any since Monday!

Glad you remarked on that because I live in S6 and was wondering what had happened to the post. We havent had any since Monday!

Its called snow! Not just here but in every part of Britain except the Mull of Galloway. That is why you haven't got post!

Well our office received mail today, 3 days worth. We've processes 80& of the letters and about 60% of the Large Flats (A4 size), no packets but the majority of Special Delivery and Tracked Items were delivered. We delivered about 15% of the mail.

(These are approx figures based on observation. I have no way of checking them)

I spent 3 Hours on untreated roads, going down cleared paths, well cleared to the pavement where all the snow had been dumped making the pavement impassable and making me walk on the untreated roads which had had vehicles on them enough to polish the surface lovely and smooth. And then there were the paths that hadn't been cleared. Snow over your boots, lovely. Oh yes, forget to mention the frozen letter boxes which you have to force open, and the overhanging bushes and hedges, metal gates aren't much fun either. All this with a heavy sack on my back. After three hours i'd had enough. Forgot to mention, my van, which i couldn't use, gave a temperature of -13 at 11am and -7.5 at 2pm.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining, I love my job and will be back tomorrow for more. I just think that some people don't realise what state the roads and paths are in in some areas of the city and surrounding areas.

Well our office received mail today, 3 days worth. We've processes 80& of the letters and about 60% of the Large Flats (A4 size), no packets but the majority of Special Delivery and Tracked Items were delivered. We delivered about 15% of the mail.

(These are approx figures based on observation. I have no way of checking them)

I spent 3 Hours on untreated roads, going down cleared paths, well cleared to the pavement where all the snow had been dumped making the pavement impassable and making me walk on the untreated roads which had had vehicles on them enough to polish the surface lovely and smooth. And then there were the paths that hadn't been cleared. Snow over your boots, lovely. Oh yes, forget to mention the frozen letter boxes which you have to force open, and the overhanging bushes and hedges, metal gates aren't much fun either. All this with a heavy sack on my back. After three hours i'd had enough. Forgot to mention, my van, which i couldn't use, gave a temperature of -13 at 11am and -7.5 at 2pm.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining, I love my job and will be back tomorrow for more. I just think that some people don't realise what state the roads and paths are in in some areas of the city and surrounding areas.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: