Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

i live in S6 also, now i know we haven't had post since mon/tues, but if they let the posties out onto untreated paths, and they slip and hurt themselves, then you probably wouldn't get any post for even longer - H&S is now the no.1 priority in RM and so it should be...

All on the road.

No icy pavements,steps covered in a foot of snow , paths or overgrown hedges to contend with.

I think it's great you got bread out to panic buyers but royal mail is a big concern and have to abide by H&S laws.

Ehh!

The bread does not go from van to shop on its own, in this weather I have to park where I can because most store back doors are inaccessible, drag stacks of breadv across roads, sometimes slippy, sometimes through traffic, sometimes through slush, then accross slippy pavements, sometimes up ramps or steps and into the stores, only to be pounced on by customers.

The bread supplier I work for is not a local baker , but a national bread supplier emplying around 3,500 employees, with the same corporate responsibilities as any other large employer. It all depends wether you have a can/will do attitude to serving your customers.

Ehh!

The bread does not go from van to shop on its own, in this weather I have to park where I can because most store back doors are inaccessible, drag stacks of breadv across roads, sometimes slippy, sometimes through traffic, sometimes through slush, then accross slippy pavements, sometimes up ramps or steps and into the stores, only to be pounced on by customers.

The bread supplier I work for is not a local baker , but a national bread supplier emplying around 3,500 employees, with the same corporate responsibilities as any other large employer. It all depends wether you have a can/will do attitude to serving your customers.

sorry - have to disagree here: what if (and hopefully you never will) slip on ice / snow break something, then off work for months, who will you sue ---- your employer for letting you go out in the snow..

the majority of postmen / women want to deliver the mail, and as soon as possible, they hate having to clear back logs.

hi i live in S26 area had no post all week, well i can`t blame the posties they do a grand job all year round. with the roads and the side roads being in this bad condition .

well i can live with out yet more junk mail dropping throught my letter box

I live just off derbyshire lane, and have had nothing for 8 days now. It was my birthday yesterday and i got no cards, no problem, but i have done my xmas shopping online and am waiting on a grand total of 76 items dating back to 19th november

happy birthday

(better late than never as they say)

hi i live in S26 area had no post all week, well i can`t blame the posties they do a grand job all year round. with the roads and the side roads being in this bad condition .

well i can live with out yet more junk mail dropping throught my letter box

Yeah, im just on Redhill in Kiveton Park, havent seen a postie since monday, cant blame them its dire up here.

Yeah, im just on Redhill in Kiveton Park, havent seen a postie since monday, cant blame them its dire up here.

i live just dehind old co-op same here not many car making it on to the new estate but with 3" to 4" of ice on road can`t expect too much up here the kerb in places the snow is nearly 3 foot