Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

A bottle of milk hardly weighs 16kg does it? The milkman isn't walking around either.

And I doubt a paper round constitutes of a 4hr slog to 800 houses (mine used to have 24 papers on it)

dont bite hun.....some of us do appreciate the postie n all there hard work x

2. Think twice about phoning or going online to arrange a redelivery, don't you think we have enough work coming in day by day with out having to go back to addresses we have already tried to deliver to because you good people don't want to go out in the cold? some of these people live with in a mile of the office, disabled and elderly aside of course.

Because us good people are working for an honest living on a 9-5 job and RM have yet to update their model that this is often the case? Same goes for most delivery companies I might add. It sucks, yes, but don't blame us. The company you work for offer the service, so well, people are going to use it.

As I said on the previous page, our postie is brilliant, he came today on the driveway I cleared and gritted and I hope to see him tomorrow (although if he could not bring me another huge bill that would be fab).

A bottle of milk hardly weighs 16kg does it? The milkman isn't walking around either.

And I doubt a paper round constitutes of a 4hr slog to 800 houses (mine used to have 24 papers on it)

Try telling that to a milkman delivering on flats and estates. He doesn't drive to every door:roll: Have you ever lifted a crate of milk?

Comparing a paper round wages and a postie you'd have thought it would be the other way round. It's a Christmas period, get temp staff.

This has already been asked about other posts, theyll get put on sick, postmen/women must realise that theres a risk in all weathers and they dont have to do do the job they do, but every job has risks, just like people who drive buses etc.

Because us good people are working for an honest living on a 9-5 job and RM have yet to update their model that this is often the case? Same goes for most delivery companies I might add. It sucks, yes, but don't blame us. The company you work for offer the service, so well, people are going to use it.

As I said on the previous page, our postie is brilliant, he came today on the driveway I cleared and gritted and I hope to see him tomorrow (although if he could not bring me another huge bill that would be fab).

this is a good and valid point! i have always said, since i became a postie, i have never understood the hours of the callers office! this should be an all day and an evening service. i have never understood why they open such short hours. most people are not in because they are at work, so we should open outside of normal working hours. i have never understood this

this is a good and valid point! i have always said, since i became a postie, i have never understood the hours of the callers office! this should be an all day and an evening service. i have never understood why they open such short hours. most people are not in because they are at work, so we should open outside of normal working hours. i have never understood this

Glad you agree, I guess posties don't hold much weight against the RM machine though, sadly. It is daft, something I've never understood either.

We live near the Co-Op on Derbyshire Lane and havent had any post since Friday :(

Needless to say, the missing post includes my snow chains and Christmas gifts :(

All the post on your delivery route was delivered on Monday, maybe you didnt have anything like most people don't.