Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Try telling that to a milkman delivering on flats and estates. He doesn't drive to every door:roll: Have you ever lifted a crate of milk?

Comparing a paper round wages and a postie you'd have thought it would be the other way round. It's a Christmas period, get temp staff.

I didn't realise it snowed inside flats. And are you saying milkmen leave the float and walk around estates with a crate of milk? None i've ever seen do.

has any1 had any post in s2 at all, ive not had any since last saturday

All S2 mail was delivered on Monday and Tuesday, on Wednesday only town centre and businesses within a mile (London road etc) had a delivery.

Wed - today there has been no residential deliveries in S2, and in S14 there have been none from Tues-today.

Hopefully we will be back out on Monday and have the backlog of mail cleared by midweek (packets will take a little longer) but it entirely depends on the conditions when Monday comes. As I said earlier, the decision whether to deliver or not is made by management not us.

I live in S6 and havent had any post since Monday. Wouldnt mind but I only live in lower Hillsborough I am sure they could deliver. We have to get to work in it why cant they walk in it.

Do you walk to work whilst carrying a heavy bag for over 4 hours along footpaths covered in 18" of snow?

Didn't think so.

I live in S62 which is actually Rotherham area. Im sorry if anyone objects to me posting on this thread but it seems silly to start another. I have just phoned Royal Mail delivery office at Manvers and there is a recorded message to say no deliveries on Friday (yesterday) apart from a few special delivery items. We havent had anything since Monday and I am expecting loads of things in the post. Our road is passable, the main roads are clear, husband has been to work in Sheffield etc. I dont understand why the postie cant come down here.

Has anyone else in the Rotherham area had a delivery?

I can't help you with the deliveries, but it's not roads that are the problem (apart from ones that have only been cleared to one lane, as there's nowhere for the vans to stop) as posties don't walk on roads.

well being told there's nothing there is what's putting me off. I have tried to call the Woodseats office numerous times but they don't answer. Not sure there'd be any point leaving messages x

It's inevitable that some mail/parcels have been delayed, but there will be a hell of a lot of parcels in every delivery office. It's pointless going down though as they will be in with all the others and could take ages to find.

As soon as the weather improves there will be the normal parcel drivers out, as well as people working Sundays/days off delivering packets to clear the backlog.

I bought something off eBay, 19th november. Seller posted it on the 21st.... yesterday i had to go to the sorting office to collect it... they hadnt tried to deliver.. the seller rung them to see if they had the parcel "weve had it ages theys said "trying to catch up with the backlog"

so... they're not doing the job that the queen demands humongous postal charges for.. best ring the sorting office.