Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Woke up this morning to see the dreaded red card on the mat could not deliver too large.

He or she must be blind i have a note on the door asking them to leave whith neighbour, it is not the first time this has happened in fact the service at thorpe hesley is the pitts.

I'm glad I am not a neighbour of yours because I would not want my Sunday lie-in disturbed by the postman with a parcel for YOU! Especially as you were indeed in! Also do you think we have time to try every neighbour in your street with your parcel? How long do you think each parcel would take if we had to do that? I would only do it if it specified just ONE neighbour and then only next door. You see notes on peoples door asking us to take it to a house 5 or 6 doors away or across the road, it aint happening mate!

Just had 2 post vans on our road delivering on a Sunday morning (S5)!

Hmm, sadly as expected nothing here at Lane Top today. Had me fingers crossed and everything. :D

I'm only round the corner from the delivery office and would have fetched it all if I could.

well we are talking about us getting our own shopping rather then ordering online, so i thought you saying 7 bags was aimed at them :D

We carry on average 7 bags a day (not all at once).

Like i have said ,ordering online is great and do it myself.

Shopping in these conditions with kids etc is a no go, but expecting the postie to deliver everyone's purchases on time is also a no go.

How many did not even try to get to work?

We had to get to our nearest delivery office ( or not get any pay)

When getting there we were sent home due to no mail/packets from mail centre from brightside.

Most tried their best to please the customer and will have to clear the backlog in the next week,big freeze or not.

We carry on average 7 bags a day (not all at once).

Like i have said ,ordering online is great and do it myself.

Shopping in these conditions with kids etc is a no go, but expecting the postie to deliver everyone's purchases on time is also a no go.

How many did not even try to get to work?

We had to get to our nearest delivery office ( or not get any pay)

When getting there we were sent home due to no mail/packets from mail centre from brightside.

Most tried their best to please the customer and will have to clear the backlog in the next week,big freeze or not.

lol ok i was gona say, i did know they had more then one bag but that they didnt carry them all:hihi:

but i never did say i expected my things to come on time, they were due lastweek, i never expected them to come, but im really hoping they come this week:D

dunno why now ive got the carpenters mr postman song running through my head grrrrrr

ONE bag ? try seven on a good day,also we have dependants as well we have to pick up from school etc, with the weather being as it is .

What exactly did you do before the internet?that was my question .

But you need to look at internet shopping as a positive for the postal services, how many posties would be out of work if it was not for stuff ordered on line and delivered by post or courier.

lol ok i was gona say, i did know they had more then one bag but that they didnt carry them all:hihi:

but i never did say i expected my things to come on time, they were due lastweek, i never expected them to come, but im really hoping they come this week:D

dunno why now ive got the carpenters mr postman song running through my head grrrrrr

Stop wait a minute mr postman

OH no another moaner singing that ******* song

Stop wait a minute mr postman

OH no another moaner singing that ******* song

haha i love that song, used to sing to it as child, brill song

stop wait a minute mr postman, whoa whoa whoa whoaaaa mr postmannnnnnn :hihi::hihi:

But you need to look at internet shopping as a positive for the postal services, how many posties would be out of work if it was not for stuff ordered on line and delivered by post or courier.

Not saying that,It's keeping RM going.

What happened to going to the shops,having a day in town and buying things you REALLY need.

That is still the question i asked.

I buy online but still enjoy town and window shopping,and buying things that fit me.

Not saying that,It's keeping RM going.

What happened to going to the shops,having a day in town and buying things you REALLY need.

That is still the question i asked.

I buy online but still enjoy town and window shopping,and buying things that fit me.

i love doing both too, but at the minute i cant at all, no chance, i cant even push my pram out, and ive even thought of using a baby sling but id be too worried about falling and landing on him:o

i lvoe shopping online but i also love to go to meadowhall and town, nothing like retail therapy, but also nothing like opening your door to a big fat parcel that you got 3 times cheaper...........i want my dresses before sat lol, i want to look nice on the town, now stop being selfish and bring them to me:hihi: