Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Glad to see it's so nice around your area. Where i was delivering mail today at 9.30am the temperature according to my Van was -16. The Van btw wasn't in use much due to the amount of black ice caused by yesterdays melted snow refreezing.

No where near -16 don't rely on thermometers in your van. Thats if you were driving in sheffield.

Still no post today even old people are out and about pity the post office can't while everyone else is getting back too normal. Can understand now why it is going to be privatised.

Would also be nice to know when we're going to get the service back as the customer service website is about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard.

Edited by The PIT

Apparently the posties have been instructed to only deliver to a 1 mile radius from their sorting office! I have been doing a round trip of about 6 miles a day for the last 5 days walking to work and I don't get paid for it! No post for a week. Ridiculous.

I live in S2 so our "local" delivery office is about 3 miles away (CDO). I have had post today so your theory is obviously wrong.

Hi so has there been any post delivered in S5 Firth Park??? We recieved one lot of letters on one day sometime last week and since have recieved NO letters. Only reason i ask is because we are expecting a few important letters and i will also go to the nearest post office if needs be to collect these letters.

Thanks